Answered

system disappearing after app 80.04 update

Userlevel 2

After updating my system with the latest app (80.04) my system has vanished, including arc and surrounds, every room that had a speaker isn’t showing up. Even when I try and add an existing speaker I get an error. 

after using the previous app for years it has been very stable and these issues popped up right after update, not sure if anyone else is seeing these issues. 

icon

Best answer by Vincen_t 8 May 2024, 20:09

View original

57 replies

I suspect this isn’t an app problem, but more likely a network issue, as the app can’t connect to the speakers to show you what is going on.

There are two possibilities that spring to mind, the first being wifi interference . It might be worth reading through that FAQ and checking for some potential solutions there. 

The other is a potential duplicate IP address issue, which can be caused when the Sonos installs new software, and there’s an issue in the router. In order to reload everything, which ‘may’ fix this, unplug all of your Sonos devices from power. While they’re unplugged, reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to reload everything before plugging back in your Sonos devices. Wait another couple of minutes for them to load and connect before testing again. If this indeed fixes the issue, I’d recommend setting up reserved IP addresses in your router, the instructions should be in the router’s manual, unfortunately many systems handle it slightly differently. But it is ‘good housekeeping’ for your network, and shouldn’t cause any issues. And it helps keep the router ‘straight’, so it doesn’t fall back into this state.

But there is always the possibility that I’ve misdiagnosed the issue. Certainly no harm would come from either suggestion, but if the issues persist, I would call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Userlevel 2

Thank you, the duplicate IP could be it. That would make sense as to why Im seeing some of my system and then they randomly disappear. I’ll try unplugging it all tonight and will restart the router. 

Currently I have a 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands both with different names. Would I be seeing an issue from that? 

Userlevel 1

I had a similar issue following the app update: all my speakers (except the left one of a stereo pair) disappeared from the app…
I’ve spent close to 3 hours on the phone with various Sonos support engineers: all the speakers were visible on their side, and they had no clue why they were not showing up in the app. We’ve tried absolutely everything, nothing was working. They confirmed it was a bug created by the app update.

After checking internally, they came back to me few hours ago: only option is to create a new Sonos environment, factory reset each speaker and add them to the new environment… which I did, but it took me almost all day first to try to repair, diagnose with support, and setup everything.

Userlevel 2

I had a similar issue following the app update: all my speakers (except the left one of a stereo pair) disappeared from the app…
I’ve spent close to 3 hours on the phone with various Sonos support engineers: all the speakers were visible on their side, and they had no clue why they were not showing up in the app. We’ve tried absolutely everything, nothing was working. They confirmed it was a bug created by the app update.

After checking internally, they came back to me few hours ago: only option is to create a new Sonos environment, factory reset each speaker and add them to the new environment… which I did, but it took me almost all day first to try to repair, diagnose with support, and setup everything.

Well thank you for saving me the time of having to call them. I figured it was a bug since everything has worked so well before. Not looking forward to this factory resetting I’ll be doing. But seriously this app should have seen a long public beta period first.

Userlevel 1

Be aware that with the new app it’s not as easy as before to setup speakers! I had to try multiple times with my « old » speakers, it was more straightforward on the recent ones

In total, taking into account the time I spent on my own to try to make it work, the time I spent with support on chat then phone, and the time to setup back everything (including services, favorites, trueplay…), I’ve spent almost the full day… 

Userlevel 2

Be aware that with the new app it’s not as easy as before to setup speakers! I had to try multiple times with my « old » speakers, it was more straightforward on the recent ones

In total, taking into account the time I spent on my own to try to make it work, the time I spent with support on chat then phone, and the time to setup back everything (including services, favorites, trueplay…), I’ve spent almost the full day… 

That is a total nightmare! Not looking forward to it. 

Userlevel 1

Bruce, not the case at all. Network is there and visible. App says it is connected to

the network but can’t see any of the speakers on any room. Sonos should have tested this better before rolling out. Goes to show it’s better not to ‘upgrade.’

I still have same problem with latest update so restarted to recreate the full system. Started to add boost detected, added. Strange do not see boost in the parameter.... And then not possible to add wireless speakers....

Userlevel 1

I’ve been instructed to add the boost at the very end, and it worked for me, although it was painful since I had to temporarily create a 2.4Ghz WiFi for my « old » play:1 and play:3 to connect at setup

I wrote about my experience here and how I was get the system to update successfully.

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-229131/after-update-80-00-20-all-devices-not-availlable-6892120?postid=16719300#post16719300

Userlevel 1

I tried, as per Sonos support instructions, what you’ve described in your post, but it did not solve the issue

Really, before having to reset, we’ve tried all combinations of operations, diagnosed Sonos speakers and network, without any success

I was ok to wait for another 24 hours for a fix, but Sonos support advised me to reset everything since no fix was expected in a short timeframe. 

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem as described above after updating to the 80.00.04 of the app, no speakers are visible anymore.

My wife has the old S2 version of the app on her phone, and in it all speakers are visible and the system is fully functional. When I connect to the system on my phone through the Spotify app instead of using the Sonos app, the system is also fully functional.

I would appreciate if it would be possible to downgrade to the latest S2 version of the app until a version of the new app that actually works is available.

I’m having the same issue. ios app updated. Was running really slow with delayed inputs. System crashed mid-song and now my whole system is FUBAR. Speakers disappeared from system. Tried adding them & it always fails. Now 6 hours into troubleshooting and everything I try fails. No longer connecting to my wifi, but won't work with Ethernet. These speakers have been running without issue for a few years. New app has killed them. Seriously unimpressed with wasting a whole evening on this half-baked software. Now have a Play1 & Play3 as paperweights

Same problems here too. Have boost, sub, 2 playbars, 2 play1 and 1 play3. New app on ipads cannot see anything, although older app on iphones and PC still work as previously. Sounds like a downgrade to the old S2 app would be a necessity.

This is unbelievable. Same problem here. They expect everyone to have to reset all speakers in the system?? 

Hi All,

I had the same experience as you all, start the app and no system, no services almost blank. I then closed it and quickly reopened it I got the system, but no services so repeat again. This time everything turned up. But If I let the app sleep in the background, just not use my phone for a bit, I needed to do it all again. So not good but at least not a full reset.

This is not a fix but a stop gap if it works, while the cluster F$#@@# is fixed

I have an android phone for what it’s worth

Userlevel 2

This is unbelievable. Same problem here. They expect everyone to have to reset all speakers in the system?? 

I heard someone on Reddit that they were able to plug their device in to the router and the whole system fixed itself. I had to restart everything. 

To all.

this problem is a bug. My iphone 13 updated the app and the system was gone. My wife’s iphone 13 not updated and everything (still) works!

also, starting from spotify, music can selected to play on the Sonos system. 

The system is only ‘gone missing’ in the app……

Similar issue here. My Playbar, which is the only wired component, is dropping on and off

I had the same issue after this update.

All my products were gone and I also couldn’t add any more.

After sorting everything out for a long time, I found out by chance that the “Sonos Boost” was in conflict after the update.

I have picked out this Boost and now all my speakers are visible again!

Userlevel 2

Can confirm that restarting router, and factory resetting everything worked for me. 

A little update, for me with Bluetooth and location on it will find the system, turn them off and it keeps playing music and i can control music start stop vol etc, but i can’t change tracks.

Close the app and restart and it will all vanish again. I get the need for Bluetooth and location etc for system set up, but not every time I open the app to play some music.

The good thing here is I can play music while we wait for a response.

Can the entire community sign up to attend this, we might get an answer?

I have the same issues. This is so frustrating. Sonos needs to fix this asap. Who has time to do a factory reset on every single device.  I’ve got over 10 devices in my home. 

I have the same issues. This is so frustrating. Sonos needs to fix this asap. Who has time to do a factory reset on every single device.  I’ve got over 10 devices in my home. 

For me the solution was to ‘deactivate’ the Sonos Boost!

After that all my devices where back.

Userlevel 1

My Sonos is about 10 years old. I have never really been thrilled about the updates which several times have meant I had to buy a new device as the OS was no longer supported, instead of keeping the Sonos backwards compatible.

My Sonos was fine yesterday. This morning it is destroyed from the color of the desktop icon on. TuneIn radio does not show. I can not see my own server with the music I have on it. I was able to pick one station when I started Sonos this morning, but now all the stations showing are grayed and I can’t select anything, or basically do anything at all with the Sonos other than play the one station I had selected.

You would think a company with this many years behind them knew what in the world they were doing, but this Update is really a disaster. I hope they make it possible to rollback to previous Sonos version.

It is terrible that both users and support need to spend hours and hours on making the system work after an update. Not smart for anyone to say the least!