Stereo sound and surround switching with Sonos Amp

• 2 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi

I have a Beam + 2 One and it works great with the TV.

I listen to a lot of music and I am considering an Amp with two nice speakers and also with the TV. So I will have two scenarios A) for Movies/TV and 😎 for music with the TV off. I will move the Beam for use elsewhere as I believe it wont work with the amp?.

So my setup would be TV + Amp for front L+R and 2x Ones for rear surround

My question is - if I can using the amp for just stereo/hi-fi via Spotify, do the rear speakers participate?

Is it possible to set the Amp to be just Stereo (2 channel) for music and then surround when the TV is on ?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi. When playing music through the Amp you can choose to have the surrounds turned off, playing quietly, or at similar volume to the Amp.

Userlevel 2

Thanks - is that one setting that applies to both scenarios (TV and Music) or can it be configured for each independently ? (i.e. in other words, if I switch off the TV and start listening to music from Spotify do I need to change the settings everytime ?).

Thanks - is that one setting that applies to both scenarios (TV and Music) or can it be configured for each independently ? (i.e. in other words, if I switch off the TV and start listening to music from Spotify do I need to change the settings everytime ?).

The choice of ‘ambient’ versus ‘full’ sound applies to music only - but if you just explore the settings and play around that‘s the best way to see what is possible.

Userlevel 2

Thanks John B. I searched but haven’t seen any opinion on whether amp with front L+R sounds better than Beam. I suspect it will be great for Stereo/Music. Have you seen opinion or know how it will compare for TV with the simulated center ?