Stereo sound and surround switching with Sonos Amp

• 2 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi

I have a Beam + 2 One and it works great with the TV.

I listen to a lot of music and I am considering an Amp with two nice speakers and also with the TV. So I will have two scenarios A) for Movies/TV and 😎 for music with the TV off. I will move the Beam for use elsewhere as I believe it wont work with the amp?.

So my setup would be TV + Amp for front L+R and 2x Ones for rear surround

My question is - if I can using the amp for just stereo/hi-fi via Spotify, do the rear speakers participate?

Is it possible to set the Amp to be just Stereo (2 channel) for music and then surround when the TV is on ?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thanks - is that one setting that applies to both scenarios (TV and Music) or can it be configured for each independently ? (i.e. in other words, if I switch off the TV and start listening to music from Spotify do I need to change the settings everytime ?).

The choice of ‘ambient’ versus ‘full’ sound applies to music only - but if you just explore the settings and play around that‘s the best way to see what is possible.

Hi. When playing music through the Amp you can choose to have the surrounds turned off, playing quietly, or at similar volume to the Amp.

Userlevel 2

Thanks - is that one setting that applies to both scenarios (TV and Music) or can it be configured for each independently ? (i.e. in other words, if I switch off the TV and start listening to music from Spotify do I need to change the settings everytime ?).

Userlevel 2

Thanks John B. I searched but haven’t seen any opinion on whether amp with front L+R sounds better than Beam. I suspect it will be great for Stereo/Music. Have you seen opinion or know how it will compare for TV with the simulated center ?