Answered

New SONOS iOS app (May 2024) is TOTAL RUBBISH!!

Userlevel 5
Badge

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

icon

Best answer by Gr8fulSD 11 May 2024, 04:53

View original

94 replies

100% agree.

Userlevel 4

This app update #fail could in fact rival the the biggest marketing blunder of all time - New Coke!!

Listen to your community Sonos people.   Give us back the app we loved and rethink how you update it.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This app is sooooo bad, half of it doesnt work and thr other half I dont need, my playlists have vanished, i cant clear current playlists. DISASTER 

My very expensive speakers are just useless bricks now.

Had no choice to update as the speakers would not work without an update.

Listen sonos these are my speakers that I paid for, can you stop telling me what I want and need,  Butt out and stop harvesting data from us all, just give us a controller that works and let us enjoy the sound quality that we paid for  stop trying to be Google, let thr customer decide what thry want

Userlevel 3

Really disappointed. This is absolute rubbish. Won’t update on Pc , missing services , has rendered my system useless. Fix it quick, please .

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

This is class action lawsuit bad.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I've said this on other threads and I will repeat here that I want sonos management to buy back my hardware.  I've had enough of this and have no confidence in the company at all going forwards 

I'm a user from way back in the early days but I don't need this hassle and stress any more

Userlevel 2

5/10/2024..

What happened to the Left...Right. Move 2 speaker balance adjustment?   Come on Sonos.. Do updates right or not at all..!!!@

Userlevel 2

I too found the new app really shocking and did phone Sonos support as I could not find my playlists and the app kept crashing. Since I got nowhere with Sonos,  I deleted the app from my Android phone and have successfully installed 16.1 from an APK file. All is back to what it was prior to the latest shocking update and I have all my playlists and everything else as it previously was.  I have switched off automatic updates and will only update when it is very clear that the problems have been eliminated - and I suspect that may be a long time off

Userlevel 3

Are you really serious sonos team?

The app is pure rubbish.

Does anyone check before a release?

I find it very embarrassing that a brand like sonos allows itself to do something like this.

Please give us the opportunity to downgrade!

The new app is full of bugs. Nothing works as it should. 

You are annoying the users.

I can't believe it and am extremely disappointed.

Deezer has given me the rest with its new offers. Just like that and without warning.

We want a functioning app.

Sonos is one of the more expensive multiroom products, so please make more effort!

Userlevel 2

It's shockingly bad in soooo many ways.

Poor menus, no home button, can't add a network etc etc.

I've downloaded the old 16.1 from APk pure and reverted back.

Sort yourselves out Sonos.

Userlevel 2

It is truly hard to understand how bad this new app is.  Utter garbage. What is going on here?  Either fix this quickly  or withdraw and revert to something that works.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

ugh

Userlevel 2

How do you find 16.1?  I don't see it there...

Userlevel 2

Use this link for android 

https://d.apkpure.com/b/APK/com.sonos.acr2?versionCode=780151031

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

100% agree

Userlevel 2

100% agree - my favorite product just took a horrible turn for no good reason.  Instead of doubling down, I'd be grateful if Sonos un-did this mistake and made things wonderful again.

Userlevel 1

Terrible app. Now has rendered our main use for it obsolete with the line in feature being removed all together from our playbase.  Now it only will play over WiFi   App playlists not loading, glitchy, and less features.  Please allow us to go back to old app and use our speakers the way we bought them for. 

Userlevel 2

Unimaginably terrible update.  To the level that it’s almost impressive.  How can we go back?

Userlevel 3

Where is the statement from sonos?

Are they all on holiday?

Userlevel 3

This is class action lawsuit bad.

Absolutely agree. Sonos must have reviewed the app update before release. It is killing with one update all major app use cases. As long as this app update is up and running I cannot use my Sonos speakers as I want. I am block from using them.

Userlevel 2

Is it possible that their developers don’t actually use Sonos products themselves, so could not envisage the frustration? Or else just had insider info not to update?
Seriously reconsidering my need for multiroom audio. 

Userlevel 2

Terrible update. Simply does not work. Significant amount of hardware rendered useless.
Opening the app actually actively prevents the speakers from playing. Kill the app and the playback recovers! And the app sits there for minutes after opening showing status from its last use. So no control of speakers and no view of what’s playing. On perfect ubiquity WiFi 

Saving grace is my iPad has the old app on it. Phone now can’t control the system. Did anyone test this???

The thing I wanted most from any update was performance improvements to enable easier and faster operation. Seems the app team don’t give a monkeys about quality and performance, instead focussing on maximum change which was not required or asked for. Utter rubbish 

What a shame. Hope they fix or revert asap!!

Userlevel 2

I too found the new app really shocking and did phone Sonos support as I could not find my playlists and the app kept crashing. Since I got nowhere with Sonos,  I deleted the app from my Android phone and have successfully installed 16.1 from an APK file. All is back to what it was prior to the latest shocking update and I have all my playlists and everything else as it previously was.  I have switched off automatic updates and will only update when it is very clear that the problems have been eliminated - and I suspect that may be a long time off

Whoever put the links out to the 16.1 APK - they deserve God-like status. Rolled-back last night. They’ll have to make me update over my cold dead body now...

Userlevel 2

Anyone looking to revert to 16.1 just Google 

Sonos 16.1 APK Pure. 

Just uninstall version 80 first before reinstallng.

Where is volume levelling? Where is track quality information? I can now only start music on my Sonos Beam 2, then have to transfer it to Sonos Roam (can’t pre-select the Roam it would appear). Very poor app update I think ☹️