Question

New Sonos app (on IOS) cannot see all my Spotify playlists

• 10 May 2024
  • 8 replies

I got the email about the new Sonos App on 5/9/2024 and updated the Sonos app on my iPhone 13 Pro and iPad (both of which I keep up-to-date with the latest software updates).

I use Spotify as my music service and I have 347 different Spotify playlists. Unfortunately, the new Sonos App only shows me the last 50 playlists that I created, I cannot see all 347 Spotify playlists! Yes, I removed the Spotify service and then reinstalled it. Yes, I rebooted my iPhone and iPad. Nothing has worked for being able to see all my Spotify playlists. (Please do not tell me to recreate the playlists on Sonos, I will not do that.) FYI, the old Sonos app let me see all my Spotify playlists, and on my PC laptop running Windows 11 Pro I’m running the Sonos OS S2 version 16.1 application and that lets me see all my Spotify playlists. When will there be a fix for this on IOS? thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Same issue here.

Same for me

Userlevel 1

Same for me too. Is there a fix for this, does anybody know please? This new Sonos app is absolutely awful. 

Userlevel 1

Same here. What a horrible update! It doesn’t make anything easier!

Userlevel 1

Certainly doesn’t. I wished I’d never “upgraded” to this new app. And from what I’ve read, others feel the same way. The previous version was absolutely fine. Everything worked as it should. If it isn’t broke, why fix it ! This version has taken everything away from what was good about Sonos to absolutely awful. Items missing such as changing the network channel if there’s any interference (for example) from a microwave oven on the WiFi. Before I could change the network channel. Now I can’t. All my playlists from Spotify are now longer available. Well, they are, but only if I swop over to the Spotify app. As for fine tuning the sound (as before) with the Sonos sound tuner, or whatever it was called, that’s no longer available. Thanks Sonos, I’m seriously considering throwing all my Sonos speakers in the trash can (bin) and moving to Bose. Either that, or I delete the Sonos app, never to be used again, and just use the Spotify app instead. I have no idea what on earth Sonos are up to in launching such an awful “upgrade” which, to my mind, hasn’t been throughout of tested properly and merely puts Sonos back ten years. Sonos was a pleasure to use, alas no more. This so called upgrade is an absolute downgrade of the largest proportions and makes Sonos almost unusable, in my opinion. Off to the Bose shop soon and will dump Sonos and write off Sonos giving my speakers to a charity shop.  Unless, maybe, hopefully, Sonos see the light and make amends and fixes with this app, or at the very least, give us the option of reinstalling the old Sonos app, until, maybe they fix things. At the moment my Sonos investment has been rendered useless by this very, very, poor, to say the least, “upgrade”. Thanks for nothing, Sonos ! 

Just adding my name to the list. Only last 50 Spotify playlists out of 170+ are visible through the new Sonos App. Have checked the Sonos limtations (up to 1,000 playlists, max 40,000 tracks total) and currently well within these limits.

To All: I have the same problem with the 50 playlist limit on Spotify playlists being displayed on the new Sonos app. My solution is to use the Spotify app to play any playlist not displayed on the Sonos app. All you have to do is open the Spotify app and go to your playlists in your music library and select your desired playlist, then click the speaker box in the music bar at the bottom of the page and select your Sonos network. Hit play and Sonos is now playing your playlist from Spotify and it will display it on your Sonos app. Very easy work around and the Spotify app is better at displaying music anyway. 

Same problem plus not all songs in a single playlist cannot be seen, only few first ones and the rest, over 4/5 of the list is not available. Tried updating the latest iOS, confirmed to have latest version of Sonos, deleted connection with spotify and relinking it, deleting and reistalling the Sonos app but not working. Things are getting now even worse - in the middle of night one of the speakers start playing music without any reason and app does not seem to be connected any of the speakers and speaker couldn’t be controlled anyway - only way to stop it you needed to unplug the power cord. Horrible wake up. But this update is like disaster, I’m not even able to downgrade S1 app either. Helpdesk has hours lasting ques.