Question

new app won't connect

Userlevel 1

Anyone else experiencing no local network on new update, it’s rendered my system and a clients system unusable as it’s saying needs to connect to local network, what a joke from Sonos 

9 replies

No, I’m not seeing that connection issue here - everything is working/connecting okay. I’ve attached screenshots just to show that’s the case.

Might it perhaps be some sort of local network connection issue?

Userlevel 1

No network issue it’s 100% the app, I was installing a new amp for a client and it wanted me to update, soon as I did it keeps saying click local network on which it is, when I’ve got home my system saying exact same thing it’s a joke 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tell your clients to Keep at least one device on S2.

The new app is not fit to use at this point and likely for months  

My thoughts are to perhaps quickly go through the ‘App Reset’ option in the ‘user account/app preferences’ settings, as that then leads to setting up the permissions again for access to LAN, microphone, Bluetooth, location, notifications etc. which ‘prompts’ on iOS controller devices, but perhaps might be different on Android. Then see if that resolves the network connection issue.

I also have this issue and an app reset doesn’t work. When I go to system settings it says that my system wasn’t found above a section for Nearby System that asks me to join the system, but when I click on Join the System it says I’m not connected to network.

Userlevel 1

Spoke to Sonos and it’s a known issue with update and will be fixed in next couple of fixes whenever that is 🤣, you can still use it if you have s2 on another device or you can go on web app from pc / laptop Sonos.com/web-app 

Userlevel 3
Badge

App has completely screwed my system. tried rebooting it all and now cannot add any speakers as does not recognise my wifi network. F****** joke.

“Updated” to the new app right before a party.  WTH Sonos!?  Poor testing. What’s weird is I have one Sonos 1 speaker that works and the rest are “unable to connect - try again later” when I try to get them to play.  

When I first updated it worked fine. A week later only one room connects. This app is a joke. I also get “unable to connect try again later.”