Question

How to Rollback to S2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Please provide a rollback option to S2.

The new app was advertised as a feature upgrade.  No mention of feature losses.  

We got feature losses and no warning.  No informed choice to delay the “upgrade.”

I cannot add a single song to the queue.  Basic queue management a critical feature that somehow didn’t make it into your MVP.

Now you expect your user base to wait months to return to feature parity.  Months.  

Do you realize how ridiculous this is from a user perspective?

61 replies

Userlevel 3

I agree totally. This awfull „update“ leads to a lack of about 80% of the functionalty which i was using Sonos for. To give some examples: no NAS connectivity and no sleep timer….

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

A ROLLBACK option to the prior major release is urgently needed. This is what a responsible developer should do with a failed release.

I hope Sonos executives are paying attention. This release can do a lot of damage to the Sonos brand.

Version 80 is disastrous for users with their own Library - gone!  And I understand other users are dealing with worse issues. 

Userlevel 3

Is there a procedure to roll back to S2?

Version 80.x is S2. Sonos has never provided a way to go back to previous versions of their software.

Userlevel 3

Worst ever update till date from Sonos. Half baked item. 

current app does not support : 

1. Network Management
  2. Does not support Alarm modifications 
  3. God knows what else they have taken away.

sonos has been behaving very irresponsibly for this update.  If you have a few networks and some items were in a different network and previously connected well, now cannot connect any more.  

please provide a rollback. We don’t want this buggy app.  We will use it Once you fix it.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

If you are on Android you can just sideload an old apk
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Shocking that users are having to resort to side-loading the old app from a third party just to operate their devices.

Userlevel 3

I am disgusted with this new app. I expect Sonos to buy back all my kit at list price. Without access to my music on my NAS the equipment is useless. Sonos get a grip!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Shocking that users are having to resort to side-loading the old app from a third party just to operate their devices.

Although it does work a treat! :) 

Userlevel 3

I really need the MP3 and FLAC files on my NAS

This is why I choos for Sonos

Please profited a rollback

Userlevel 2

I can only agree, if you have been a Sonos customer for what seems like ever and your content is stored on NAS this new version kills all the joy. Did someone turn off all the NAS functionality.

From the very first day I had Sonos I could navigate to a specific song or album and play, add it to play next, or end of queue. So good so flexible. 

Now it’s a single song when using music library.  So bad Sonos.

I could always brag about Sonos being so good, today I can’t say that anymore, I am so sad Sonos.

At the very least gives us S2 back, this new version you can call it what you want but I won’t be using it.

Got myself an old android device and sideloaded S2 version 16.1 to get my system back, have to do as i have invested so much in your equipment to stream music of my choice from my NAS as I love. 

Long live the NAS playlists on S2 App.

Userlevel 3

On my phone it was updated, on my wife phone not

I just download a old APK and wil install this weekend, I hope it works then

Sonos please bring SMB funkion back!!@

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

They totally lied in their email extolling the virtues of the new app. I thought. Oh. How nice. I’ll go download it now.

Total remorse.

This is unfinished ALPHA software. Total TRASH

Userlevel 3

The new app looks nice BUT WE WANT TO USE OUR NAS 

Why didn't they ask the users what the wand

Userlevel 3

Not sure what happened on this update, but pleases provide a roll back option.

Removal of the ability to ‘play next’ from my NAS library is completely incomprehensible.  

I don’t understand how on earth you can call this an upgrade. Other than it looking, graphically, a little more shiny, the functionality has gone backward.

The worst part is I can’t even properly test it or A-B it or build a workaround at this point since the new app now doesn’t even really function at it’s most basic level very well either.

I’m here trying to figure out if my network is broken or if this new app is just not at all ready for public use. Sounds like, from the comments, it’s the app.

Super disappointing. I’ve been telling customers for years that “There is no better volume zoning and music source aggregation software available”. This upgrade pulled the plug on a big part of that for my clients. It’s like you picked the release date then told the developers what you wanted, and they told you they couldn’t do all of it, and you released it anyway.

Bummer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Not sure what happened on this update, but pleases provide a roll back option.

Removal of the ability to ‘play next’ from my NAS library is completely incomprehensible.  

I don’t understand how on earth you can call this an upgrade. Other than it looking, graphically, a little more shiny, the functionality has gone backward.

The worst part is I can’t even properly test it or A-B it or build a workaround at this point since the new app now doesn’t even really function at it’s most basic level very well either.

I’m here trying to figure out if my network is broken or if this new app is just not at all ready for public use. Sounds like, from the comments, it’s the app.

Super disappointing. I’ve been telling customers for years that “There is no better volume zoning and music source aggregation software available”. This upgrade pulled the plug on a big part of that for my clients. It’s like you picked the release date then told the developers what you wanted, and they told you they couldn’t do all of it, and you released it anyway.

Bummer.

Hi - if look at my posts. I provide a summary of how to role back to 16.1.

Userlevel 2

I completely agree. This update is a total mess. How does a “Software” company release a bomb like this that has the potential to bring an existing system to a complete halt. Without a rollback option? What a joke! I have spent too many thousands of dollars on a system that seems to have no customer focus at all. 

Userlevel 2

Let me add my voice and a hearty primal scream to the chorus of unhappy users who just found out Sonos took a great product and turned it into junk. I can’t go to a song on my NAS without scrolling for 5 minutes? Hello? I can’t random play all the songs on my NAS? A feature I LOVED? Please provide a rollback option!! I HATE this supposed “update.”

Userlevel 4

YES!!!   Give us a rollback option now!!!   New app version is a shocker.   

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Totally agree with urgently needing option to go back to the previous s2 version. We are on iOS so not even a workaround is possible.

seriously considering going back to s1 - even though it looks like process to do so is a complete pain.

sonos say say update is ‘courageous’ - listening to their customers is better business sense.

please lose the arrogance and get that roll back option out today

Userlevel 1

Please provide a rollback option to S2.

The new app was advertised as a feature upgrade.  No mention of feature losses.  

We got feature losses and no warning.  No informed choice to delay the “upgrade.”

I cannot add a single song to the queue.  Basic queue management a critical feature that somehow didn’t make it into your MVP.

Now you expect your user base to wait months to return to feature parity.  Months.  

Do you realize how ridiculous this is from a user perspective?

I support the request

The function I use more, setting the sleep timmer is not present

Userlevel 1

Overnight, I now have no access to my own music collection on my NAS, as a result of upgrading to the latest iOS app.    This is unacceptable, and I am quitting SONOS completely as a result. 

Userlevel 1

New app is such a masterpiece – of sheer, undiluted incompetence. Sonos: What on earth are you doing.

Oh, I get it: You are on another planet lightyears away from 2024 reality.

Sideloading S2 version took me five mins. Order restored.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Version 80.x is S2. Sonos has never provided a way to go back to previous versions of their software.

Never seen anything like this carnage before so they may have no choice this time.

Userlevel 2

PLEASE BRING BACK S2!!!!!’