Question

How to Roll Back from 80 to 16.1

Userlevel 5
Badge

Please provide a way to go back to the old version ASAP. I use Sonos almost exclusively for my local library as it seems many people do and you have again (think bricking...) completely misunderstood your owners and people that have supported and invested in your products for decades. Congratulations on creating another media disaster for the company. I am sure the new app is trending on all platforms with angry users and people looking for alternate products. PLEASE LET US GO BACK to the old version until you sort this out.   

33 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Sadly, I am on an iPhone - I saw the post yesterday on rolling back mentioned but it is only for Android.

Does anyone from Sonos actually look at these chats or care at all about customer satisfaction or loyalty. I’m now working go on Plex in my spare time to try and have that front end my library. I emailed all the execs at So os as well, no luck. Trying a call with support management later today. I’m not hopeful but will spend hours of my life solving this problem that should never have happened. 

Thanks for the link and method of roll back to 16.1; has worked for my Android phone! Playlists, searching my NAS based media library all now accessible and functional.

Sonos should apologise and allow everyone who wishes to stay with the S2 App to do so. It should be available on the Apple and Play Stores ASAP. Work arounds like this should not be needed.

Userlevel 2

Uninstall version 80 and download the 16.1 apk here

https://apkpure.com/sonos/com.sonos.acr2/download/16.1#google_vignette

Mine all works as before.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Adding my +1 to this.. roll back this release until its fixed. Offer the old app .. and next time perhaps do at least some QA testing before releasing stuff.

Userlevel 1

Another feature that now seems to be missing is the volume scale when streaming music - at least for Pandora, which is all I stream. The volume slider used to have a numerical scale so that I could set volume consistently. Now there is no scale and it’s trial and error every time I change from room to room or from my music library to streaming. Really?! This is pretty basic. 

None of this app makes sense, but removing the numerical scale was just plain stupid. You summed it up perfectly. 

Userlevel 1

I can not believe the stupidity of SONOS.

I was a life long supporter of the company.

I own 20 + products.

I can not get support to reply or get anything to work after the upgrade.

Lose your attitude and provide the old app for Iphone now!!!!!

Ive been a happy sonos customer for a decade, but the new app has totally crippled my system. 12 speakers all going in the bin. Will replace with bose as soon as I can and will never stop bad mouthing sonos at every opportunity. I now have hundreds of pounds of literally useless junk in my house, all because some moron at sonos thinks removing *all* the essential features from their app is a good idea. Well done. Good luck surviving in the marketplace selling expensive, unusable crap

Userlevel 2

Please provide a way to go back to the old version ASAP. I use Sonos almost exclusively for my local library as it seems many people do and you have again (think bricking...) completely misunderstood your owners and people that have supported and invested in your products for decades. Congratulations on creating another media disaster for the company. I am sure the new app is trending on all platforms with angry users and people looking for alternate products. PLEASE LET US GO BACK to the old version until you sort this out.   

I have 5 separate systems(3 restaurants, 2 houses, sorry for the humble brag). I’ve only updated one, volume control is crappy, I’m going through 3 screens for search, you can update software but when you change interface you have to be careful, how did this get out of beta?  What does it do better, I’ve not seen it.