Hi Sonos, USA's had the Update too now. Comments on how the Update had gone down?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15
  • Local Superstar
  • 1571 replies

Hi Sonos, now thay many users have had the chance to see how you've wilfully, and without notice, removed core usability functionality for most and seriously important accessibility functionality for many others (except Android users it seems currently?), is there any official communication on how you feel it's gone and a plan moving forward, including timescales?

I'd bet the vast majority would just like the old App back while you fix the current mess and add in the functions you've removed.

Comments?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I second this message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In all the threads here, I haven't seen one response from Sonos about this unholy mess😝

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

In all the threads here, I haven't seen one response from Sonos about this unholy mess😝

The only one I have found is here:

and it basically gaslights us all with cut-and-paste of a management-approved response.

Hi, this is what’s broken for me in the new app, not in any particular order. Pretty much makes it unusable in my system. I’m on android.

Anybody else see these? i have tried absolutely everything.

Cheers,

Paul

1. No way to select or re-scan my music library that I can see. It’s on my local network.
  2. Search does not include results from my library as well as service results. It used to.
  3. Cannot edit queue - no dragging to re-order, no delete track, no add track to end, no insert track.
  4. Dot menu on bottom right of player window give error message “Unable to load. Some information is missing from this content.”
  5. All these features are still available on the desktop app on Windows 11.
  6. I need to know when they are going to be fixed, or where I can go back to the previous version.
Userlevel 2

Poor interface in line with many changes over the last while

It appears the new app version primary function is to promote subscription services. They have turned off/removed feature functionality that pertains to local music library…. pretty much have abandoned those users who have their own music collection.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Sonos, now thay many users have had the chance to see how you've wilfully, and without notice, removed core usability functionality for most and seriously important accessibility functionality for many others (except Android users it seems currently?), is there any official communication on how you feel it's gone and a plan moving forward, including timescales?

I'd bet the vast majority would just like the old App back while you fix the current mess and add in the functions you've removed.

Comments?

Sonos has lost its mind.  I have lost my I-Tunes library and cannot connect it to my existing Sonos system, the mobile app sucks to hell, and I join the legion of very pissed off Sonos users.