Question

Emergency! Must downgrade new app ASAP

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I just upgraded to the new Sonos app, what an AWFUL, AWFUL mistake that was!

I need to get the APK for the previous version. Please somebody send me a link.

The new app does not allow quick easy control of the volume and EQ settings from the main volume slider. Everything about the new UI is just incomplete or missing. Although I could probably get over how psychologically jarring the new change is (I even lose the app icon now its color has changed), basic features are just missing.

I can’t accept the inability to quickly control the sound I hear from a system designed for playing sound. Not fit for function any more! It’s got to go, will downgrade and block future updates.

Sad to say Sonos, bitterly disappointing.

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

UPDATE: Found the APKs and managed to successfully downgrade 🤡

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/

Thank goodness I have all my functionality working again. Blocked future automatic updates and will have to start looking at competitor systems if this isn’t sorted out before my next purchase.

Dear Sonos: READ THE ROOM.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I forgot to say that you have to uninstall the new crap version of the app before the older better one can be installed.  But as soon as it rediscovers the system and you login everything come right back.

Userlevel 1

Does anyone have the link to downgrade to the old app when you have Apple products (iphone, iPad, etc.)?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Sorry I don’t trust Apple because of the same sort of crap Sonos is pulling right now. I still have iMusic thing but that’s it. I hope someone can help you with a link soon, I feel your pain :(

Userlevel 5
Badge

I saw that they have disabled downgrading to S1 now as well. 

an apple link would be Gold!! This version is beyond terrible for anyone with large libraries. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

FYI https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/ worked for me. Make sure you turn off auto updates after installing or it will put v80 back!!  :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you so much folks, can't believe dealing with my Sonos Playlists not working!

I have *never* seen such a terrible “upgrade”. Playlists gone and connection to my local service (Subsonic), which I exclusively use, gone ! App constatntly loading. Not usable. I just downgraded. If they take away the old app (by making it not usable in the future) or do not fix the new one I will sell my speakers !

Userlevel 1

Came here for this. I knew I couldn’t be alone. Developers of that upgrade screwed up BIGTIME. Looks cool out of the gate. Within seconds it’s quite apparent, utter garbage….fail. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

The new app is certainly terrible. It has ruined my system. I have a library with 25,000+ songs and it no longer searches. It is unstable and playlists that combined a music service and library no longer work. It is also ugly and non user-friendly.

How can I rollback to 16.1 on an Iphone? (APK Mirror is only for Android devices).

Thanks.