Answered

Creating a stereo pair - Sonos one and one SL

• 13 May 2021
  • 8 replies

I have a sonos one and a new SL (I have just added)

Both are on the same wifi, both working fine and appear on the Sonos App (under different rooms on the app - though they are close by)

When I try and add a stereo pair to either the One or SL it just comes up as ‘Two Compatible Sonos Speakers are required….’

Can anyone help me please with how to fix this?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by caesar327 13 May 2021, 16:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Is it a One or a Play:1?  They are different.

Its a One - 1st Gen I believe - matched with a One SL

Thanks

Userlevel 7

You might try unplugging both speakers from power for about a minute and rebooting your phone.

Do you mind sending a photo of each speaker to confirm the models?

Hi, Thanks

yes done all that, rebooted the wifi box, turned off speakers off and on, app off and on etc….

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, Thanks

yes done all that, rebooted the wifi box, turned off speakers off and on, app off and on etc….

Looks like a Play 1 on the right as it has physical buttons.  You can’t stereo pair that with a One (SL or otherwise):

https://reverb.com/p/sonos-play-1-mini-wireless-speaker?hfid=40349184&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12293041852&utm_content=campaignid=12293041852_adgroupid=116935846065_productpartitionid=1172618433337=merchantid=401052503_productid=40349184_keyword=_device=c_adposition=_matchtype=_creative=497322104776&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0rytoenG8AIVlN7ICh0IgwCFEAQYBCABEgJJZ_D_BwE

If someone sold you that as a “One” 1st gen, you need to have a hard conversation with them.

Thanks for the feedback

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Note that it is possible to stereo-pair a Play:1 and a One, although it’s unsupported by Sonos. See:

https://github.com/avantrec/soco-cli#grouping-and-stereo-pairing

Needs a small amount of technical know-how to install Python and the SoCo-CLI utility, though both are free.

If you do try this, set the One as the left-hand speaker:

sonos <name of One> pair <name of Play:1>

Thanks 👍