Question

Atmos lost on Disney Plus after update (Beam Gen 2, Hisense U6)

Hello all,

Just did the update to the newest Sonos app. 

Disney Plus now has no Atmos. It has worked previously and Netflix is still showing Atmos working fine. Everything else on the Hisense has stayed the same.

Any thoughts? 

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello all,

Just did the update to the newest Sonos app. 

Disney Plus now has no Atmos. It has worked previously and Netflix is still showing Atmos working fine. Everything else on the Hisense has stayed the same.

Any thoughts? 

Do you definitely subscribe to their top premium tier (£10.99 UK p/m)? It’s only now available if you’re willing to pay handsomely for it.

Hmmm….

in Canada, I pay for the year in November in one lump sum for Disney +.  I would hope they would not want more money now in the middle of the year. I will have to check that on the computer when I can.

It just seems highly coincidental that it stopped right after the Sonos update with Netflix still keeping Atmos on the Beam.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hmmm….

in Canada, I pay for the year in November in one lump sum for Disney +.  I would hope they would not want more money now in the middle of the year. I will have to check that on the computer when I can.

It just seems highly coincidental that it stopped right after the Sonos update with Netflix still keeping Atmos on the Beam.

I believe Disney+ prices went up in Canada in November, so check you’ve paid for a year at Premium and not Standard. If you 100% definitely had Atmos until this week though, that would be odd. But do check your subscription tier.

I was able to see it on the app.

I definitely have Disney + Premium.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I was able to see it on the app.

I definitely have Disney + Premium.

Thing is, your soundbar gets Atmos from Netflix, via your TV, so Atmos is arriving there correctly. The Sonos firmware has not had an update so there should be no way an update of app software can affect the signal from your TV to the soundbar via HDMI.

If you had no phone in the equation, you’d still be able to watch Disney+. So it shouldn’t be the app update… A curious coincidence, I’d say.

Is Dolby Atmos showing as an icon when you go to the details screen of a movie or show on Disney+?

Prior to yesterday, the Atmos badge was always present.

It has now been replaced with 5.1.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Prior to yesterday, the Atmos badge was always present.

It has now been replaced with 5.1.

Have you tried turning your TV (and Fire stick/Apple TV box etc) and soundbar off at the wall, then back on again. Otherwise, very strange. But it sounds like a Disney+ handshake issue with the soundbar rather than Sonos app related. 

I could be wrong!

All apps come through the Google TV on the Hisense. It could be an issue with them and just a coincidence as was mentioned earlier.

So here is where I stand after a week:

• Still no Atmos on Disney +. Working on Netflix.
  • Over an hour online with Disney + and still no luck. App uninstalled/reinstalled nothing. Factory reset the Hisense and still nothing. 
  • I have searched other forums for Hisense help and nothing. 
  • Dolby MAT 2.0 is showing in the now playing Sonos display.

It just seems weird that something that was working flawlessly for months has stopped.

Thoughts anyone?