Unable to Use Amazon Music - Again!

• 27 December 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I have been trying to get this to work properly, or get a refund for about 4 months. If it worked, I would have no problem. Sonos are simply not interested and never have been. Since I get these, Sonos have repeatedly assured me that they can resolve problems, only to find that they can't.

As for insulting the people who will "decide" on my refund. There is nothing to "decide". Who would think it acceptable that a product stops supporting all the features? I'm not asking for them to do me a favour. I have been more than patient with this. 6 months of patient. Obviously the retailer won't refund it now. I didn't really expect Amazon to do so since it works as a speaker. As far as the retailer is concerned the speaker plays, anything else is down to the manufacturers choices.

Sonos aren't upfront about stuff at all. Nor is the information above accurate. My Amazon Unlimited is UK based and it still doesn't work. If you change your country from UK to Mexico on the Sonos profile (nothing to do with Amazon) it still doesn't work. How is that upfront about it??? Also check out the link on the amazon.com.mx (https://www.amazon.com.mx/Sonos-One-Bocina-inteligente-controlada/dp/B074XLMYY5/ref=sr_1_2/142-4168245-9851940?ie=UTF8&qid=1545928148&sr=8-2&keywords=sonos) sold by Sonos. No mention of the fact that Mexican accounts don't work. Selling a product in a region you don't support is the definition of misleading. Again, how is this up front????
Sonos are focussed on the domestic US market. Everything else is just a money grab. See who we can mislead and screw the consequences. If you are US based, and never travel to anywhere other than contiguous US states, I'm sure Sonos is an acceptable product. For the rest of the world (i.e. the majority), who gives a crap??? Not Sonos that's for sure.
Not sure what you mean, jgatie. I have had constant problems with Sonos and their "support" staff have done nothing but try to pass the problems off to someone else every time. If it worked, I would be happy. The fact is, it doesn't. It may work for those with simple, us only, lives, but those of us with international connections are no longer the minority. If Sonos can't support this, they should be open about it up front. The fact that they are not, implies their focus is on getting your money not providing a satisfactory customer experience. Why even sell Sonos in Mexico if they don't support any music here?????? It's ridiculous!!!

To the bolded:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3248?language=en_US

Where is Amazon Music available?

Amazon Music Library:
US, UK, DE, AT, CH, FR, IT, ES

Prime Music
US, UK, DE, ES, FR, IT

Amazon Music Unlimited:
US, UK, DE, ES, FR, IT

It looks like Sonos is pretty up front about it.

As to the meaning behind my post, if I were hoping to get a refund on an item which is beyond the return date, I wouldn't be posting a diatribe that constantly insults the very people who will be deciding on my refund. Aka, I would be using honey, not vinegar, to catch that fly.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Not sure what you mean, jgatie. I have had constant problems with Sonos and their "support" staff have done nothing but try to pass the problems off to someone else every time. If it worked, I would be happy. The fact is, it doesn't. It may work for those with simple, us only, lives, but those of us with international connections are no longer the minority. If Sonos can't support this, they should be open about it up front. The fact that they are not, implies their focus is on getting your money not providing a satisfactory customer experience. Why even sell Sonos in Mexico if they don't support any music here?????? It's ridiculous!!!
Now why does the old adage "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" suddenly come to mind . . .