Question

The Skill My Media for Alexa does not work with a default Sonos speaker system

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I would try to use MyMedia playing direct to the echo 8 speaker.  Just to check the docker functionality.

I’m not familiar with the preferred speaker feature - how do you specify the Port as the speaker?

Do you have another speaker you could specify as the preferred speaker?

Badge +1

Hi this was an interesting question !

I just made the test with an album made of mp3 files

the difference with m4a files is that it repeats the first track in an infinite loop.

Phil

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You mention that some files are not m4a - do these play?

Badge +1

Sure 

when I use the standard amazon music, it goes to the Sonos Port  and changes track to track

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

A key question is whether the Echo 8 can use the default speaker for other content, eg. a Tunein stream ?

Badge +1

Hi

this is exactly what the mymedia for Alexa developer said . So they ask me to try and open a ticket to Sonos 

wait and see …. !

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Back when i did an Alexa skill that did something similar, I got into trouble for trying to use these Sonos forums for any support for it. I never had this problem mind you, seems lame that the developer can’t figure this out themselves. They should go onto stackoverflow and ask Sonos for technical assistance there.