Answered

Suddenly alexa is not working with my voice enabled Sonos Speakers S1 app

• 15 March 2024
  • 60 replies

Show first post

60 replies

Same here - have spent a few hours trying to fix this in vain.

Me too it’s a shame the online chat support we’re not aware I have now spent some time re-installing!!! I will wait for a solution and go back to the rugby!

Userlevel 1

I am glad I found this thread.  I also spent (part of) two days, and several hours trying to reset devices, reset Alexa, all various different methods and ways, to no success.  I had added a new type of Alexa device and thought perhaps it was somehow related so that was a wild goose chase of wasted time as well.  ETA would be nice…, and spreading the word on twitter/x or other forums as well.

Can Sonos advise when system is fixed please? I’ve spent two days trying to find a solution 

Or a fix supplied by Amazon, since they broke it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

yep.  looks like Amazon change something about there Alexa API access that affects the S1 app integration.  S2 I understand is not affected. Hopefully we get a fix soon delivered by Sonos

Badge

Me too, it stopped working yesterday evening.

Same for me, je cherche depuis 4 heures !!! Je suis contente de voir ce post !! Hope it wil be fixed very very very SOON !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @gduncan3595 

Thanks for your post!

We are aware of an issue affecting functionality of Alexa on S1 Sonos systems. We are investigating, but do not have an ETA for a resolution.

You can, however, cease troubleshooting - nothing you can do will help.

We will post here when there is an update.

Mine is exactly the same, help Sonos!