Question

SONOS Playlists on Alexa

• 18 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
I have read myriad comments about the Alexa/SONOS relationship and there seems to me to be myriad conflicts in information.

As I understand it so far, there is no way to have Alexa play SONOS playlists in the same fashion as a playlist on say, Pandora, without first selecting the SONOS playlist in the SONOS app. OK, I am not happy with that because it involves many steps. But, accept it for now.

I have a large investment in time and money in my own music and would like to use the playlists I have designed instead of those someone else I don't even know. I don't wish to spend the same amount of time developing lists in Pandora.

The main question that has not been answered is: What is being done, if anything, to get Alexa and SONOS to talk to each other so that I can simply ask Alexa to my SONOS playlists?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
I guess that will have to do. But, as a consumer, it seems to me that we who support both Alexa and SONOS should be kept better informed. Perhaps I ask too much.
The CEO stated in a podcast a week or so ago that they are working on Alexa control of local libraries and other services not natively supported by Alexa. That's about all the news you will get.