Question

Sonos One is showing as offline on Alexa app

• 2 January 2018
  • 3 replies

My Sonos one is working with Alexa, but won't link to Spotify and is showing as offline on the Alexa app even though it is is online. E.g. I can add to the shopping list but via Sonos/Alexa but it doesn't show on the app. More importantly, I can't play from premium Spotify account from Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can open the Alexa App>Settings>{Your Amazon Alexa Enabled Play:1} and the option to turn 'On-line' should be available.
I spent most of Christmas pulling my hair out with the same issue. I tried EVERYTHING, googled everything going and spoke to several people without any joy. PC World said it sounded like a software issue with the alexa app, they said it sounded like an issue with the Sonos, etc, etc. Eventually, I found someone online who had had a similar problem. It was down to my country being incorrect on my Amazon app. I have never had issues with amazon before, but as soon as I went back in and changed to England, United Kingdon, everything clicked and linked. SO pleased with it now...just such a shame that I wasted many hours (that I didn't have) trying to rectify the issue over Christmas.
Really hope this works for you.
Happy New Year 🙂
Badge
I'm having the exact same problem. I know you wrote this two months ago but you're the first poster I've found who seems to know the problem exists never mind has managed to fix it. Can I just check, in what Amazon app did you make the change? The Alexa app, the shopping app, your account details? Where exactly did you make the change? I am asking because this morning I discovered some of my address details were years out of date, and some were missing altogether. I fixed the entries I could find but it hasn't fixed the problem!