Sonos One and Audio Device in Routine Not Supported on this Device

• 3 October 2018
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks to @Blue Hornet for this heads up. It is possible to include an Action to output audio within Alexa Routines to any of your Sonos devices. Please follow these steps to create a very simple Routine but the steps are easy to adapt and include within existing Alexa Routines:

1 Open the Alexa App and click on the menu 3 bars in the top;
2 Select Routines in the Menu;
3 Click the ‘+’ sign in the top right corner of the App;
4 Click ‘When this happens’ and then ‘Voice’;
5 Enter ‘audio test’ – it’s still best to not use capitals;
6 Click ‘Add action’ and then click ‘Play’;
7 Type in ‘Ed Sheeran On [Sonos Room Name]’;
8 Click ‘From’ and then select a source;
9 If you need a ‘Timer’ please click ‘Set Time’;
10 Click ‘Save’

This will now work via the command ‘Alexa, Audio Test’
Hmm, I am really disappointed with the limited functions we have with Sonos devices and Alexa. I would almost consider it class action suit worthy because of the false representation. It should really state with Some funtions of Alexa (something in that manner).

If I would have known this when I bought my Sonos One, I would have purchased a Sonos 1 with an echo dot for the same price point!

Sonos get this fixed with timelines of when Support will be complete or compensate your users who bought the device on the premise of buying an Alexa device.

I really think someone should. People have been complaining about this for years and they just ignore it. They falsely advertise, get sales and then provide no indication of when they plan on fixing it.

I'd be happy to crowd fund money to take SONOS to court.