I have a Sonos One and I am getting Alexa to talk to me but when it comes time to paying something from an App or from Spotify it says device is online. I have disabled all the relevant skills and reenabled them but nothing plays. Alexa talks to me and is responsive, tells me all about the app and the cost etc but then nothing actually plays and she says device is offline. I see it online when i play music from my Spotify app. Its just not working with Alexa. Help please
Best answer by Simon B
I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.
- Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.)
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
- De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
- Open the Sonos App.
- Remove Alexa Voice service.
- Force close Sonos app.
- Force close the Alexa App.
- Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as voice service.
- Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
- Register Sonos speaker
- Add music service.
- Test to check if it works.
- Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.
Keep me in the know with the advice above.
The Sonos community is always here to help.