Answered

Sonos+Alexa in S2

• 23 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello!  It used to be super easy with Sonos 1 app and Alexa to hook my Amazon Echo's to Sonos, but with S2, it's unclear.  There are at least three different ways online, none of which work.  Anyone have an idea of how to control Sonos via an Echo Show (not an Alexa-enabled Sonos speaker)?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 25 March 2024, 14:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @kudzukudzu1, welcome to Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble setting up Amazon Alexa to control your Sonos System via the Echo devices.

I am not sure what different processes you’ve found online, have you seen our Set up an Amazon Alexa device to control Sonos support article?

Following the above process should get you sorted. If not, feel free to reply here at what point something goes wrong, or contact our Support Team for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!  Yes, I've tried those instructions many times.  When I go to Add a Service Alexa is no longer an option.  It has been in the past.  Issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @kudzukudzu1,

First I would suggest checking if your location is set correctly on your profile at Sonos.com.

This is usually the case when a Music Service or Voice Service is not showing within the Sonos App.

If that doesn’t resolve your issue, I recommend contacting with our Support Team as suggested on my first response. They have tools at their disposal to provide you with information and advice about your system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Sotiris!