Answered

Sonos 1 with alexa voice commands

• 10 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Why doesnt my sonos 1 with alexa complete my verbal command to 'play Jazz on Pandora'?  

Sonos 1 repeats: 'playing jazz on Pandora' BUT-- doesnt play the station at all, just silence.   However, when I use sonos 1 via sonos app/room, it plays the pandora station I requested? 

How can I fix this?  

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 August 2023, 00:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Usually, removing/reinstalling the Sonos Skill in the Amazon Alexa App tends to resolve these sort of issues, so hope that works for you. 👍

Thank you for your reply. Its strange as it used to work before and suddenly just stopped carrying out voice commands. I will try your suggestion. Many thanks Ken!

Maybe try removing the Sonos ‘Skill’ in the Amazon Alexa App, wait a few moments and then re-add the ‘Skill’, consent to the Amazon/Sonos sharing agreement and let Alexa scan for your Sonos devices and then go onto try the voice instruction again. 

I don’t use Pandora, but I understand a paid subscription to the music service is required for playback voice-control on Sonos and the same Pandora account/service needs to be installed in both the Alexa App, aswell as the Sonos App.