Answered

Sonos 1 with alexa voice commands

• 10 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Why doesnt my sonos 1 with alexa complete my verbal command to 'play Jazz on Pandora'?  

Sonos 1 repeats: 'playing jazz on Pandora' BUT-- doesnt play the station at all, just silence.   However, when I use sonos 1 via sonos app/room, it plays the pandora station I requested? 

How can I fix this?  

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 August 2023, 00:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Maybe try removing the Sonos ‘Skill’ in the Amazon Alexa App, wait a few moments and then re-add the ‘Skill’, consent to the Amazon/Sonos sharing agreement and let Alexa scan for your Sonos devices and then go onto try the voice instruction again. 

I don’t use Pandora, but I understand a paid subscription to the music service is required for playback voice-control on Sonos and the same Pandora account/service needs to be installed in both the Alexa App, aswell as the Sonos App.

Thank you for your reply. Its strange as it used to work before and suddenly just stopped carrying out voice commands. I will try your suggestion. Many thanks Ken!

Usually, removing/reinstalling the Sonos Skill in the Amazon Alexa App tends to resolve these sort of issues, so hope that works for you. 👍