Answered

Problem with Alexa Integration - won't skip to next song

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 1

How interesting. How do you disable Trueplay?

While it’s not confidence inspiring at least it’s consistent across all of my SONOS devices (stereo pairs, individual players etc.) as well as different music services (Amazon and Tidal). Once the first song has played to completion, I lose any functionality (album art, voice control to skip or change stream, controls via the app - other than stopping).

I’m having the same issue. Weirdly, it was fine until I spoke with SONOS about a true play issue?!  

it was all OK, but not Trueplay option (turns out I can’t have it with my setup) following conversations with Sonos, I reset all units, then this issue happened.  No album cover, skip, with volume control etc.

it’s as if the media server is lost or something. Disabling the skill and re-enabling works every time, however, for how long is a mystery as it always stops again.

Userlevel 1

As an update… I’ve been testing this with Tidal and it does exactly the same thing. First track is great and then it just implodes. No image. Controls are greyed out. Voice commands are processed but cannot be executed.

I guess it’s time to open a case.

Userlevel 1

Ugh… the issue appears to be back. This is what I see on the SONOS app from the second track onward.

I’m going to give Tidal a try and see if it’s any different.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ve re-authenticated my accounts and it appears to be workings.

Let’s see how things work over the next day or so.

Much appreciated.

I would perhaps first try removing and then reauthorising the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App. Check that the default music service (Amazon Music HD presumably) is logged in with the same Amazon account credentials in both the Alexa App and the Sonos App.

Note there are some limitations with the various available Amazon music services. See this summary link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html%3FnodeId%3DGW3PHAUCZM8L7W9L

I’ve just tried the "Alexa, next/previous track” features and those are working okay here on Sonos speakers.. I’m using the Amazon Music Unlimited service. I’m also seeing the Album Art etc.