Question

Play music on SonosOne and Amazon Echo at the same time

• 27 November 2017
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

You are wrong and really are a bit disconnected in your thinking, aren’t you. Some Sonos devices are marketed with Alexa built in. So these brands are symbiotic. They want you to use them together. Do you understand this? If Sonos wanted to be distinct it wouldn’t integrate on that level. Both Amazon and Sonos want you to use these brands together. That’s a symbiotic branding. Do you understand this word “symbiotic”? Google will help. In short, you’re completely wrong.
Yes, you're right and I'm completely wrong. Amazon is withholding DropIn, Routines, even the ability of changing the wake word from Sonos for the reason of their symbiotic level of partnership.

They still both market together and both like to emphasise their connectivity with each other. But you’re right. There are problems with the relationship. And this has resulted in a far from perfect system, e.g. no sync. So I won’t be buying.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Google Home is going to be available on Sonos microphone enabled speakers too. So does that mean that Google and Amazon will become symbiotic? Apple have tie ins with some Sonos stuff too, so they are symbiotic too? I can't see that all these companies will like to be in bed with each other. I understand that you want everything to work together, but I think it is unrealistic to expect different companies to give each other their technologies to allow sync between brands.