Next track on Sonons one via Alexa

• 5 December 2017
  • 4 replies

I bought a Sonos ONE at the weekend. Mostly good - but have a frustration ...

When playing a playlist or album I dont seem to be able to skip to the next track.

If I try

Alexa, next
Alexa, skip
Alexa, next track / song

etc

the Alexa just asks 'What do you want to play next?'

I only want to go to the next track - whatever it is. Replying 'Next track' doesnt work either.

how do I skip or go to next track?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When you upgrade the software it normally boots the Sonos device. Problems experienced after this are normally due to duplicate IP addresses. Can you please power down these devices for 5 secs and then allow it to complete its boot sequence before moving to the next device:

- Router
- Any wired network Switch
- Any wired Sonos device
- Any other Sonos device
- All many other network devices - phones and tablets can be put into flight mode instead.

If this fixes the issue, I suggest that you reserve IP addresses for your Sonos devices, I normally use the range 192.168.0.240 and above for mine. This is easy to do within your Router settings page.
Adding the room name has not worked for me. Just upgraded software on sonos one. Frustrating that this is an issue a year later!
Thanks.

Yes - it was adding the room name that did it.

Alexa, skip track in kitchen

🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I bought a Sonos ONE at the weekend. Mostly good - but have a frustration ...

When playing a playlist or album I dont seem to be able to skip to the next track.

If I try

Alexa, next
Alexa, skip
Alexa, next track / song

etc

the Alexa just asks 'What do you want to play next?'

I only want to go to the next track - whatever it is. Replying 'Next track' doesnt work either.

how do I skip or go to next track?

That should work as per:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343?_ga=2.180555943.1095743978.1506552577-1491669311.1488879254&_gac=1.190474073.1511606155.CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1oALnz96PmYXSnBA2S5Va6kZH-GMxirNsBm3OEv4x_UDJRYzPiX8OxoCxj8QAvD_BwE

Have you tried to select Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover?

Are you initiating the audio from the Sonos One or the app? If the app, try adding the room name...