Answered

need to link speakers

• 17 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi

we just got a dot and we are trying to link it to our Sonos play1, I am getting an error at the songs login each time.

When I start to add the Skill I login to the Amazon side, it then takes me to the Sonos login. when I login to that I get this error

Add your Sonos speakers to your account
You need to link speakers to r******@********.co.uk before you can add this skill.
Go to More > Settings > Sonos Account in the Sonos app to link your speakers. (If you don't see Sonos Account, your Sonos system needs an update.)
Sign in with a different account
I've fixed the problem

The Sonos is up to date (done today) and I can see the device in the Sonos account and manage it through the website and phone app so I don't see why it thinks I need to add a device.

I have tried this on my phone and via the Alexa website, using two different browsers

I can't get past this, can anyone help?

Cheers

Tom
icon

Best answer by paperclip_tech 17 July 2018, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
the email address was the same, but I had left the postal address empty before, I filled it in and now I can like the system so all is working.

no sure why I would need a postal address to enable Alexa to link but there you go

Cheers

Tom

It's because Alexa checks to see if you are using the device in a supported country. 🙂
the email address was the same, but I had left the postal address empty before, I filled it in and now I can like the system so all is working.

no sure why I would need a postal address to enable Alexa to link but there you go

Cheers

Tom
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Are you using the same email as your Sonos account is linked to? Also, please check that your address details are correct in www.sonos.com profile.