Finally Cracked It!!!

• 14 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
So I finalky think i've cracked my Sonos One and Alexa woes and hopefully no more regular full factory resets required!

I have x3 Sonos Ones configured in 3 rooms and have had constant issues with Alexa randomly stopping playing spotify music etc

However I think Ive sorted it finally!

1. I have one speaker permanently wired to a LAN connection point. This sets up a Sonos web with my other 2 speakers

2. I have reserved IP addresses for all of my speakers

3. I renamed one of the speakers that conflicted with a lighting group name.

They used to go wrong randomly or even just if moving, turned off etc...

Now, ive had 2-3 days of broadband provider issues, my router has been constantly booting up continuously... the speakers obviously lost internet and at first I even turned them off and on... however after the internet came back, the speakers automatically picked up the network again and Alexa fully working still!

Hope this helps someone else going through the pain!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Glad you got you your issues resolved. Your 3 steps is good advice for any setup.

I would just add though that factory resets would not be a good idea to resolve wireless issues like this. It's much preferred to power down your router and sonos units, then power up your router, then sonos units one by one. That will resolve IP address conflict issues without having to add back your speakers music service credentials every time. Again though, reserve IP addresses will prevent the need for the 'work around'.
Yes, never go back to factory resets. The reason you were doing them repeatedly is because they never do any good, and don't address the underlying problem. But as Danny said, some useful tips you have posted there.