Answered

ARC (when playing TV via ARC) goes quiet for ~15 seconds after Alexa command.

• 10 December 2022
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

I am not entirely sure this would work, but could you:

1. Uninstall Alexa voice control from the Arc
  2. In the Alexa app, group your echo (as the Alexa device), the Arc (as speaker) and your lights

I would expect the Arc to duck as you give the command “Echo, turn on lights”.  But that is what I would want.

Badge

I know, but I don't want the ARC listening at all.  I want to use my Alexa (wake word Echo) for all listening purposes.  I want the ARC to be a speaker only.

@yossie 
Can’t you just tap the mic on the Arc and switch it off? Then remove the Arc and its Alexa component from all groups in the Amazon App? 

Note too there is an option in the Amazon App to make the Arc the default output speaker for the echo device (even with the Arc mic switched off)  - so that’s another option, but you need them in the same Alexa Group to do that.

Actually I have an almost identical setup with an Arc (‘Living Room’) and echo Dot (‘Amazon Lounge Alexa) but both use the Alexa wake word and I have both mics enabled. Both devices are set as controlling/enabling devices in the same Amazon Alexa Group (photo of group attached) and that works well for me for ducking purposes etc. FWIW

Well done for sorting out that last step. I do recall now that the speakers listed as members of a group will duck tor the command, while speakers listed as speakers are the ones that play the sound