Answered

ARC (when playing TV via ARC) goes quiet for ~15 seconds after Alexa command.

• 10 December 2022
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

So the wake word on the Echo is “Echo”?

Badge

Maybe a better thing for me to do is explain what I am trying to do. I am using my ARC as an output only device for Alexa and for my TV.  I don’t want the ARC listening (and generally keep the microphone disabled.)  Please explain how to do this.  I do want the Alexa handling all listening tasks and feedback for commands should be on the Alexa, no ARC.  ARC should only be used to playback sound.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @yossie 

Having two Alexa devices in one room isn’t ideal - if you temporarily power-off the Echo (or disable the microphone) does the Arc cease ducking sooner, after following the command?

If this doesn’t make a difference, is the Arc enclosed at all, eg. in a cabinet open at the front but with a surface above the Arc? Aside from the detrimental effect this would have on the Arc’s Atmos height channels, it may increase the microphones ability to pick up TV audio, making Alexa have to “think” about whether there’s a command or not.

If that doesn’t apply either, I recommend uninstalling Alexa from the Arc and adding it back on again. Both can be done from Settings » Services and Voice » Alexa in the Sonos app.

I hope this helps.

Badge

I wish that were true.  I checked and followup mode is OFF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @yossie 

Thanks for your post!

I think you might have Alexa’s Follow-Up mode enabled in that room, as it sounds like the arc is continuing to volume “duck” after a command so it can listen for further instruction.

In the Alexa app, go to More » Settings » Communication » Alexa Devices » [room name of Arc] » [your Arc] » Follow-Up Mode » disable to prevent this behaviour.

I hope this helps.