Apple Music via Amazon Alexa

• 22 October 2017
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

It can't be controlled by Siri? If not, just replace it with an Amazon Fire TV, which comes with a remote with Alexa enabled.

I might consider that. I've been an Apple TV fan for a long time. But upgrading to the new 4K version hasn't happened yet, so it's a good time to re-evaluate the options. How comprehensive is FireTV?
Same exact boat here. Also would love to control my Apple TV by voice.

It can't be controlled by Siri? If not, just replace it with an Amazon Fire TV, which comes with a remote with Alexa enabled.
Amazon and Apple are bitter rivals. Not much chance Amazon is going to allow Alexa to fully control Apple Music.
Same exact boat here. Also would love to control my Apple TV by voice.
Userlevel 1
Mike Watts, You and I are in the same boat. I too just purchased Alexa and pretty much all my music is on Apple Music. So, technically Alexa is pretty worthless to me right now.
The roadmap is to add other voice control platforms and Airplay 2. Options will increase over time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

You can control music by voice once it is playing