Answered

Apple Music on Sonos 1 won't play via Alexa commands

• 10 November 2019
  • 3 replies

The scenario is this.

1. All of my other Alexa devices respond to “Play xxxx”. As Apple music is the default then Apple music is used.
  2. My Sonos 1 will play music from apple music via the Sonos App.
  3. My Sonos 1 plays music via airplay 
  4. My Sonos 1 will not play music via the Alex voice command responding with words like “Hmmm First enable the skill for your Sonos one in your Alex app then ask me to discover devices”
  5. The skill is enabled hence it works on all other amazon devices. 
  6. Discovering new devices result in “No new devices found”

Any ideas?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by auditdata 10 November 2019, 15:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you try this: https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-Inc/dp/B072ML3N6K

I have been trying to get this going for 4 months and the moment I posted asking for help I discovered the problem was simple!

In a nutshell you have to say the “location” for the Sonos 1 but not for normal Amazon echo’s

For example my lounge Echo I say “Alexa play Sea of Joy” and it responds “Playing Sea of Joy from Clive’s Apple Music” and it starts playing.

The exact same phrase to the Sonos 1 results in “Hmm” response I posted earlier.

But…..

Alexa play Sea of Joy in the Kitchen works!!! 

No idea why the difference

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have been trying to get this going for 4 months and the moment I posted asking for help I discovered the problem was simple!

In a nutshell you have to say the “location” for the Sonos 1 but not for normal Amazon echo’s

For example my lounge Echo I say “Alexa play Sea of Joy” and it responds “Playing Sea of Joy from Clive’s Apple Music” and it starts playing.

The exact same phrase to the Sonos 1 results in “Hmm” response I posted earlier.

But…..

Alexa play Sea of Joy in the Kitchen works!!! 

No idea why the difference

Have you tried checking this potential fix: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/i-could-not-find-that-on-apple-music-alexa-and-apple-music-integration-issues-6825682/index2.html#post16348661 ?

You shouldn’t need to quote the location.