Sonos hive, seeing if anyone else is seeing this issue. I upgraded to S2 and did a full redetect of every device in my Sonos system. All are compatible with S2 and all upgraded successful. Alexa detected my SonosOne and picked up all my devices. So far so good.
My SonosOne was not showing the mic active. I figured out this was due to the voice service not being set right. I went through pass after pass of trying to get it working only to be stopped by the dreaded error that sonos could not make the amazon account "There is a problem adding Alexa."
I have tried multiple speakers alexa enabled sonos speakers; same issue. I have also ripped out the sonos skill and put it back to no avail. It all worked under S1 software. And all the Alexa-Sonos groups and play services work. So this is limited to just voice services.
What is interesting is I CAN successfully add the Google Assistant service without issue. So I thinking this is a compatibility issue with S2 and Alexa.
Anyone else seeing this issue? Amy suggestions are welcome and I am glad to provide further info
Thanks in advance for your help
Best answer by d2iguy
This morning I successfully pulled my Sonos ONE back into Alexa. It looks like the 12.0.1 release fixes the issue. But, there is a catch: the 12.0.1 update will not come install if you were an early adopter of S2 via SONOS. Here are the symptoms and the fix:
- Within the SONOS app, you go to System - About My System and you will see you are running Version 12.0
- If you go to System - System Updates and check for updates, the SONOS app will indicate there is an update and take you to the app store. There you will see the version is 12.0.1.
- The app store WILL NOT give you the option to install or upgrade as it “thinks” you already have the upgraded versions (12.01)...but you don’t.
- Uninstall the app from your device and then go back to the app store and install the app store-version. Once complete, check the System-About My System and you will see it now says Version 12.0.1.
- Now go and add the Alexa assistant back to your devices and you should not longer get the dreaded unable to connect to Alexa error.
Give this process a shot and see if you have the same success. Go luck!