Alexa still announces track names as track begins to play

• 23 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi. I’ve seen this issue raised elsewhere as long ago as 2 years back but there has still been no satisfactory resolution. I have a Sonos One with the Alexa capability. Whenever I ask Alexa to play a track, it announces the track as the track actually begins to play. This happens whenever I use the voice command, “Alexa, play track-x”. I don’t have an Echo Dot or any other related/connected device. 

Why has this still not been sorted out? It’s really frustrating and should be easily fixed with a patch. Can you reply to my questions? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The Alexa system and the Sonos system are not directly connected. Alexa has no idea when Sonos starts the music it requested. I would say zero chance of this changing, it is inherent in both architectures. It is most definitely not “easily fixed with a patch”.

The Alexa system and the Sonos system are not directly connected. Alexa has no idea when Sonos starts the music it requested. I would say zero chance of this changing, it is inherent in both architectures. It is most definitely not “easily fixed with a patch”.

Then why allow this partnership if there is no connection - what is the point of that? What is it that is causing the problem, and why did Sonos staff on these forums previously reply they were looking at this 2 years ago?

Alexa Cuts Off Start of Song | Sonos Community