Answered

Alexa “Sorry, something went wrong” per profile, when unaccessed for 12-24 hours

• 17 January 2024
  • 34 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Userlevel 2

Anyone experiencing these issues on devices other than Era 100s should get in touch. 

@Butler Cross @Bee22 @RLB @Captivebolt  have you opened a support case with Sonos?

No, but I will do now as this doesn’t seem to be getting fixed. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Anyone experiencing these issues on devices other than Era 100s should get in touch. 

@Butler Cross @Bee22 @RLB @Captivebolt  have you opened a support case with Sonos?

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is definitely not isolated to era 100 speakers. This is occurring on my beam, arc, and others. Sonos needs to step it up and fix this- extremely annoying. 

Userlevel 2

I’m experiencing this on Sonos one, Sonos Move and Sonos Roam. It’s not just on the Era 100.

All up to date, and I’ve tried removing and reinstalling the voice service.

Userlevel 1

Been having the exact same issue on my Sonos devices for a little while now as well which is what brought me to this thread.  It occurring on my Arc and my Beam.  The first request results in the “sorry something went wrong” reply and then on attempts after that it will respond properly. 

Same problem with Alexa running on Sonos one os s2 v 15.11 - Alexa app and Sonos all fully up to date

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @craigski 

So far in our own testing, we have only been able to reproduce the behaviour on Era 100 units, so that’s what the technical documentation on the issue references.

Anyone experiencing these issues on devices other than Era 100s should get in touch. Those experiencing it only on Era 100 devices need not get in touch.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Corry P Its not specific to ERA-100, see multiple comments on the other thread, maybe title can be changed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Runsie 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We are aware of such an issue, but as far as we are aware, it only affects Alexa on Era 100 devices, which I can see you don’t own.

Therefore, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

However, it may be as easy as removing the Sonos skill from Alexa in the Alexa app and adding it again: Alexa app » More » Skills & Games » Your Skills » Sonos » Disable Skill/Enable to Use, so it’s worth trying that first.

I hope this helps.