Answered

Alexa says "sorry, that device is offline"

• 18 July 2018
  • 6 replies

not sure which device or settings i need to address to get "that device" online. Everything is connected through my wifi.
icon

Best answer by iwb100 18 July 2018, 15:44

Disable the sonos skill in the alexa app then re-enable it. I had the issue when setting up the beam and that fixed it.

Moderator Note: If the information listed here did not resolve your issue, try this topic: Resolving the Majority of Issues with Alexa on Sonos
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Disable the sonos skill in the alexa app then re-enable it. I had the issue when setting up the beam and that fixed it.

Moderator Note: If the information listed here did not resolve your issue, try this topic: Resolving the Majority of Issues with Alexa on Sonos
I experienced the same problem... "sorry, that device is offline" with my Sonos One. I solved the issue by going to alexa.amazon.com, logging in and selecting Skills. I enabled the Sonos skill, then clicked discover devices. I was back in business after that. For some reason I had to do this process online rather than via the Alexa app. Technology... love it... hate it... C'est la vie!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

If you open the Alexa App>Settings it will show the status of all Alexa devices. Sometimes opening the Alexa app in a browser (www.alexa.com or www.alexa.co.uk) will sort this problem and the device will switch to on-line.
I had the same problem. It turns out I hadn’t logged back in again on the Sonos app after updating it. So go to settings and check you are logged in under account settings. Good luck
I experienced the same problem... "sorry, that device is offline" with my Sonos One. I solved the issue by going to alexa.amazon.com, logging in and selecting Skills. I enabled the Sonos skill, then clicked discover devices. I was back in business after that. For some reason I had to do this process online rather than via the Alexa app. Technology... love it... hate it... C'est la vie!

It helped to solve the problem, thank you!
Check to make sure the speaker button on the top of the Sonos speaker is on. Mine was off and as soon as I turned it on the problem was solved! ?