Answered

"sorry that device is offline"

• 2 March 2019
  • 8 replies

I have had a sonos one for about a year and everything worked fine until about a month ago. Now it won't not play spotify via a voice command. It just says "sorry that device is offline". If I unplug the Sonos One, do a factory reset, and reconnect to Alexa and Spotify, things work fine for a day or two and then that message comes back. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Smilja 2 March 2019, 16:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Log out of the Spotify app and subsequently out of all Amazon apps (including the Alexa app) that are installed on your mobile device, and afterwards remove and re-authorise the Sonos skill.

1. Go to your Sonos app and remove voice services from the room settings
  2. Disable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa app
  3. Go to the following page on a web browser: https://alexa.amazon.com
  4. Then go to Smart Home > Devices > Scroll to the bottom and click Forget All
  5. Go back to the Sonos app and configure voice services

Hope this helps.
That worked - hopefully it sticks. Like I said when I did the factory reset of the sonos one, it would for a few days and then stop. Thanks!
Alexa resides in an IT cloud (Amazon Web Services), factory resetting the Sonos ONE to resolve Alexa issues is pointless.
Hello - Your solution works but every few weeks the "sorry that device is offline" message comes back and I have to go through the whole routine over again. Any ideas why it needs to be re-configured so frequently? It seems to me that spotify/alexa/sonos just don't work well together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's odd. I'd call the support line. I've had the same combination and they have been stable since I did the above a few months back.
Thanks, should I call amazon, sonos or spotify?
Same problem,, Mine was solved eventually by going into the Alexa app , disabling the sonos skill and then resetting it!! Not difficult and not sure if it Will last but ok so far!!
I’m getting the same problem. Disabling and re-enabling the skill does not good. Trying to go to htpps://Alexa.amazon.com is useless as the page just tells me to download the app and if I go to it on my page it opens the app. I’m going around in circles. Arrrggghhh