Question

Alexa overly sensitive on the Sonos One

• 30 October 2017
  • 35 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
My Sonos One is also way worse in recognizing the wake word than the Echo Dot. I wanted to replace a Play:1 and Dot with a One, but that is not possible for now, because the recognition does not work nearly as well.

Apart from that, the personal news function "is not supported yet", as the One tells me. That as well is a bummer.
I constantly have false positives on the two Sonos ONE systems in my apartment. Often during conversation, sudden a Sonos ONE beeps like it heard the word Alexa. Replaying the Audio from Amazon shows nothing that even hints phonetically close to Alexa as far as I can tell.

Ironically, it doesn’t detect the word Alexa either anywhere near as well as my older Echo Dot. Funny thing is sometimes if we speak loudly to it, the Echo Dot down the hall in the bedroom will instead understand it and do the command.

LIttle disappointed in it’s Alexa trigger phrase functionality. It doesn’t match the older gen Echo Dot anyway.
I am having the exact same issue.
Badge
Having the same problem. Sonos One is “chirping” as if it hears the wake word when nothing is being said. Happens very frequently. The Sonos One has replaced an Amazon Echo in the exact same location and it did not have this problem.
Same issue here - hope a future update fixes the issue and allows for changing the wake word.
Same problem
Mine keeps beeping awake with no noise in the room whatsoever. Super annoying!
I am having the same issue here too. Alexa constantly comes on with normal conversation or the TV. I have had to turn off the microphone just so I am not interrupted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm also having this issue please advise!!!
Since you're the only person to have this issue, I will provide you with a Sonos One with very low sensitivity in exchange for yours. And if you run across any others with this "issue", I can exchange as many as you want.