Answered

alexa

• 29 November 2020
  • 7 replies

I can’t get Alexa work with my Sonos Amp. Any help on how I can link then?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 29 November 2020, 17:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you enabled the Alexa skill in the Alexa App?

Yes I have enabled skill. But it still doesn’t work. My nest and hue lights work fine but I can’t get Sonos to connect.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @bozzy134.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out. This type of expectation is normal. I would like to set your expectation that as of this current version of the Sonos App including the software version, limitations, functionalities, and guidelines, Alexa devices and Sonos devices are not yet fully integrated in such a way that they can be group together. This is not yet an available feature on the Sonos App. However, what I can do is to submit this as a feature request to our engineering team so they can take a look. I would also like to recommend subscribing to this thread and to our announcement topic for any feature release, feature updates, and bug fixes. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi Paul A,

thank you for your reply 😆 I was disappointed that the Sonos doesn’t work with Alexa. I had a wired Denon system, which needed updating. When I was looking into Sonos it said that it works with Alexa. My wife uses the Alexa to listen to music and radio programs. As we have got wired speakers in our house I was advised that the Sonos Amp would be my answer. I purchased a Amp and a Sonos turntable. I have connected it all and have linked in my old Denon as well, as I am using the CD player. It all works lovely. I am disappointed that my wife is not using it, because it’s not as easy as talking to Alexa. We have the app which I use but she doesn’t. I am 72 years old and she is 70 years old. We love music and listen to the radio.

Please ask your technical team to link it.

thank you for your reply 

bozzy

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @bozzy134.

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response.

The Sonos ecosystem can be controlled by voice command through Alexa. ON the other hand, Sonos cannot be grouped with Alexa devices. (just to clarify)

The following steps need to be done for you to be able to control Sonos using an Alexa device as discussed o this guide.

• Add Sonos as a Skill on the Alexa app.
  • Add the music service on both Sonos and the Alexa app.
  • Set your default music service on the Alexa app.

Once the above scenarios are met, you can use an Amazon Echo device to control your non-voice-enabled Sonos Device such as your Sonos Amp.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. I will be more than happy to help you out with your other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have got Amazon music and Spotify on my Sonos app. Which one should I make as default? and can I ask Alexa to play on the Sonos?

kind regards 

bozzy

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @bozzy134.

Thanks for your update and immediate response.

Yes, you can ask Alexa to play music on your Sonos. For example, you can try giving Alexa this command “Alexa, play music on (room name of Sonos Amp on the Sonos App). The music service you may want to set as a default would be your preferred music service every time you play music. (the most common music service you use on a daily basis.

Please let me know how it goes. If you have any other concerns, please do let me know. We are all here to help.

Thanks,