Question

After upgrade to new sonos, Alexa is not working

Userlevel 1
Badge

After upgrade to new sonos app. The alexa is not working on my Beam. And from alexa app, it appear the speaker is offline.. No matter how many time i disabled and reenabled the skill…

I have also reset the voice assistant couple times as well

diagnosis number: **************

Moderator Note: Recorded and removed Diagnostic Number. Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If a speaker is off line and you’ve disabled and reenabled the Skill, the next step is to power down your Beam for 2 mins (ish) and then power back on.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have tried as well but still not responding to "alexa"...

Badge

I am having the exact same issues on the Sonos Arc with the latest update. Something is broken with the latest update because when I click on Amazon Alexa under the Sonos Arc for voice assiatant, nothing happens.

I have tried as well but still not responding to "alexa"...

Userlevel 1
Badge

i am unable to add alexa too. i tried removing and re-adding it, but this is the error i get

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sorry, if you’ve tried these steps but it’s worth confirming.

If you open the Sonos App and click the gear wheel in the top righthand corner of the screen, then click  Manage next to you system name, then scroll down and select Voice Assistants.

Do you see Amazon Alexa listed?  If yes, please select it and if your device is not listed, then please select Add to another product and select the device you want to add Alexa to.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you open the Sonos App and click the gear wheel in the top righthand corner of the screen, then click  Manage next to you system name, then scroll down and select Voice Assistants.

Do you see Amazon Alexa listed?  If yes, please select it and if your device is not listed, then please select Add to another product and select the device you want to add Alexa to.

yes. It said the alexa is already added. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Was your product listed?  If not did you try adding?  If yes, try removing and re-adding on that screen.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Was your product listed?  If not did you try adding?  If yes, try removing and re-adding on that screen.

Do you mean removing Beam from my sonos? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

why is it suddenly changed to "answered"...?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Do you mean removing Beam from my sonos? 

No.  In the Voice Assistant screen from my post above, is your Beam listed as Enabled within the Amazon Alexa selection?  If not then please select Add another product and select your Beam.  If it is listed as enabled  then  select your Beam and select Remove Alexa and then re-add Alexa to your Beam by selecting Add to another product.

Badge

When I click on Amazon Alexa under the voice assistant, nothing happens. I don't know how to remove the device since the app doesn't do anything.

I made a screen recording so you can see what happens.

https://easyupload.io/0l9nyu

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

When I click on Amazon Alexa under the voice assistant, nothing happens. I don't know how to remove the device since the app doesn't do anything.

I made a screen recording so you can see what happens.

https://easyupload.io/0l9nyu

If that’s the case, I think that you need to call Sonos Support, as that’s different behaviour to my App.

Badge

Is this board not monitored by Sonos support personnel?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes but unsurprisingly they are extremely busy at the moment. I, and the other forum regulars, are trying to help.

Userlevel 2

The new software is complete garbage. I had to disable all voice assistance on my ARC. After new software update it just triggers off the TV audio constantly. 

THE NEW SOFTWARE IS COMPLETE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same i dont have such option to remove alexa...

Userlevel 1
Badge

@admin 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes but unsurprisingly they are extremely busy at the moment. I, and the other forum regulars, are trying to help.

Much appreciated:) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

On these screen shots, it looks as though you’ve selected Sonos Voice Control. Can you send a screen shot after you select Amazon Alexa?

Userlevel 1
Badge

On these screen shots, it looks as though you’ve selected Sonos Voice Control. Can you send a screen shot after you select Amazon Alexa?

I cant select only Alexa. The "alexa" is non-clickable

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That’s strange and probably means that your Amazon account and Sonos aren’t linked correctly.  Can you open the Alexa App and deregister your Beam by following the steps below:

1. Open the Alexa app on your mobile device.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Select the device you want to deregister.
  4. Tap Deregister.

Then Disable and Enable the Sonos skill again (I know that you’ve tried this but deregistering may change things)  Then go to this screen again and see if anything has changed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That’s strange and probably means that your Amazon account and Sonos aren’t linked correctly.  Can you open the Alexa App and deregister your Beam by following the steps below:

1. Open the Alexa app on your mobile device.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Select the device you want to deregister.
  4. Tap Deregister.

Then Disable and Enable the Sonos skill again (I know that you’ve tried this but deregistering may change things)  Then go to this screen again and see if anything has changed.

I have done this before already and still not working

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It doesn’t help that I can’t replicate the issue and I use Alexa and have a Beam within my system.

I’ve got one last suggestion.  It’s a long shot but can you follow the steps in my post below:

Userlevel 1
Badge

they say iOS app work but not android? are you using iOS @UKMedia ?

i’m on android, and i can’t make it to work. i already removed Alexa and re-added it. 

after re-adding, i get this message:

after clicking not now, Alexa still shows as added and available but voice commands are not recognized on sonos device.

i also tried relinking Sonos skill in Alexa app, but still no luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

they say iOS app work but not android? are you using iOS @UKMedia ?

i’m on android, and i can’t make it to work. i already removed Alexa and re-added it. 

after re-adding, i get this message:

after clicking not now, Alexa still shows as added and available but voice commands are not recognized on sonos device.

i also tried relinking Sonos skill in Alexa app, but still no luck

I'm using the Android App without issues at the moment. 🤞