Answered

Adding Alexa to an existing group of speakers

• 14 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi, a quick question: I have 3 Sonos speakers in my living room. (2 Sonos Play 1s and a sub.) That group is called "Living Room." I have an Amazon Echo in my kitchen. Is there any way I can join everything and create a "Whole House" group, essentially add the Echo to what I already have? I see lots of posts about adding Sonos to Alexa's functionality, but not the other way around--just adding Alexa to my existing Sonos situation. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 19 December 2017, 03:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
No. Alexa grouping is not supported for 3rd party speakers at this time. Amazon is said to be working on this. Let's hope for this...was disappointed when I learned I couldn't group them.
No. Alexa grouping is not supported for 3rd party speakers at this time. Amazon is said to be working on this.
Userlevel 2
Hi, a quick question: I have 3 Sonos speakers in my living room. (2 Sonos Play 1s and a sub.) That group is called "Living Room." I have an Amazon Echo in my kitchen. Is there any way I can join everything and create a "Whole House" group, essentially add the Echo to what I already have? I see lots of posts about adding Sonos to Alexa's functionality, but not the other way around--just adding Alexa to my existing Sonos situation. Thanks!
Hi there, qbertitis. Thanks for posting to the Community. At this time there isn't any information on adding the Echo as a speaker in Sonos. I'll be sure to forward this idea to the team for consideration. Thanks again for the feedback!