Answered

Running S1 & S2 together

• 25 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I got Move for Christmas. My existing system is on S1. Only one speaker (Gen1 Play 5) needs S1 but I use it grouped with another speaker. 

I want to set up the Move only on the S2 and keep my existing system separate. I just can’t seem to get S2 and the move up and running. I’ve tried adding the Move alone but it not pairing with I hit the rear connect button. 

Any ideas? TIA

icon

Best answer by buzz 25 December 2022, 19:39

View original

4 replies

As you setup the S2 system, power down all of the S1 units. At this point you may have flustered controllers caught in a twilight zone between S1 and S2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the controller will exit the twilight zone. Keep the “other” system powered down while you install a controller. You only need to go though this mess once. Note that the controllers don’t store anything critical. Playlists and music service registrations are stored in the players or music services.

@Mascot Dec85 

One note: As you reinstall the controllers take care not to install a new system, you want to control an existing system. It’s a bit too easy to click on the wrong option at this point.

Badge +2

I’ll try that. I didn’t mean to mark it as the best answer but thanks for taking the time to reply 

Badge +2

I got the 2 systems running, thanks a million 👍🏻