Question

VPN

• 26 July 2017
  • 4 replies

How do I connect to a VPN. I use Keezel as a upload VPN device. Sonos will not connect to it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos devices aren't able to directly connect to a VPN themselves. You could connect Sonos to a router that could make a VPN connection (some routers, but not all, are able to do this), but then everything connected to that router would be able to use the VPN, not just Sonos.
I think I get it ..... create the tunnel at the Router instead of a single device i.e. iPhone. I thought the Sonos Play was being fed data from the device with the app on it, not so. The Play is a stand-alone networking device as in Internet of Things and it does not support VPN itself. The App just acts as a control interface. Thank you ... light bulb goes on !
Thanks
Sonos devices aren't able to directly connect to a VPN themselves. You could connect Sonos to a router that could make a VPN connection (some routers, but not all, are able to do this), but then everything connected to that router would be able to use the VPN, not just Sonos.