Answered

Volume control Sonos Playbar through Samsung One Remote

• 14 February 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

I got the Sonos Playbar fully working to be controlled by the One Remote with my Samsung Q7F 75" (2018 model, QE75Q7FNA).
My One Connect box is inside a closed cabinet and the Sonos Playbar receives the IR commands directly from the One Control.

It is working for me at every input, tested on DVB-S2 (Satellite), HDMI1 (Apple TV), HDMI2 (PlayStation 4) and Apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc).

Instructions on Samsung TV:
Go to Settings -> Universal Remote -> New Device
Select Device Type: Home Theatre System
Select Brand: Samsung
Select Home Cinema Configuration: Optical
Start "Power Test" and always hit "No" (unsuccessful) until the 4th power test, there select Yes (home theatre system turned on/off).

After this the Sonos Playbar can understand the IR commands emitted by the One Remote, without the One Connect box needing to be in line-of-sight.

Change remote on Sonos Playbar:
Start the Sonos App
Go to More -> Settings -> Room Settings-> Room with TV/Playbar -> TV -> Remote control setup

Follow on-screen instructions, you will have to learn Volume Up/Down and Mute.

Congrats, you will have now a flawless working Samsung One Remote + Sonos Playbar setup.

At least it works at me perfectly.

None of the other "workarounds" that I found by other users worked for me.

Cheers!
I got the Sonos Playbar fully working to be controlled by the One Remote with my Samsung Q7F 75" (2018 model, QE75Q7FNA).
My One Connect box is inside a closed cabinet and the Sonos Playbar receives the IR commands directly from the One Control.

It is working for me at every input, tested on DVB-S2 (Satellite), HDMI1 (Apple TV), HDMI2 (PlayStation 4) and Apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc).

Start "Power Test" and always hit "No" (unsuccessful) until the 4th power test, there select Yes (home theatre system turned on/off).

After this the Sonos Playbar can understand the IR commands emitted by the One Remote, without the One Connect box needing to be in line-of-sight.

Start the Sonos App
Go to More -> Settings -> Room Settings-> Room with TV/Playbar -> TV -> Remote control setup

Congrats, you will have now a flawless working Samsung One Remote + Sonos Playbar setup.

Cheers!

—————————————————————
Following instructions worked for me

Start "Power Test" and *hit "No" (unsuccessful) for 1st time & hit “Yes” for 2nd time to covert Samsung to Infrared*, there select Yes (home theatre system turned on/off).

Start the Sonos App

Ok I have a 2019 Q8 Samsung.  I only use the streaming interface on the tv.  There isn’t a one connect box.  How do I set up the remote to work?  

After you go through the initial remote set up you can’t try it a fourth time.  After the third time of telling it that it didn’t work it asks for the model number of your home theater system.  I put in Playbar and then go through the same three set up attempts again. 

It ridiculous to spend this much money on a sound system to have to do all of these work around a to get it to work.   

Start the Sonos App

Cheers
Worked for me thanks.
Can anybody tell me how change the label on screen from Samsung to Sonos?