Answered

Sonos port / Marantz amp / auto switching

• 31 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Sonos port / Marantz amp / auto switching

I’ve recently purchased a port to provide a zone in my den. The den has a Marantz amp with 5.1 system (non sonos), port is plugged into CD input using rcas.

Is it possible to have the input automatically switch to cd if I start using sonos? Currently I have to switch it from the tv input to cd each time?!

The tv can automatically switch from cd to tv when I use the tv remote which I assume is due to hdmi / e arc?

🤷🏼‍♂️🙏🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 July 2022, 14:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Since the device is a Marantz, and not a function particularly of the Sonos, you might get a better response on a Marantz support forum. 

That being said, I’ve not read the instruction manual for your Marantz, so without that type of specific knowledge, I’d probably be programming it into a Logitech Harmony remote to do that switching, assuming there is an option to change inputs via a remote. 

Badge

Since the device is a Marantz, and not a function particularly of the Sonos, you might get a better response on a Marantz support forum. 

That being said, I’ve not read the instruction manual for your Marantz, so without that type of specific knowledge, I’d probably be programming it into a Logitech Harmony remote to do that switching, assuming there is an option to change inputs via a remote. 

good idea, I'll try my luck over there too...

I was hoping to us my phones Sonos app and not have to use a remote as well if I understand your suggestion?

The Sonos controller would not be having any affect on your Marantz at all, only on any Sonos devices in your system. For instance, you could not use it for power, input switching, or volume on the Marantz at all. The Sonos controller is not a generic remote control, with any learning functions.