Answered

Sonos/IKEA Symfonisk (Lamp/shelf) Stereo pairing unavailable

• 25 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I recently purchased two IKEA Sonos Symfonisk products (lamp+shelf), I’m hoping to make them work as a stereo pair (L/R), unfortunately after following all advice and guidance of ikea and sonos in order to pair them together, I’m still unable to do so
each time getting the error message:
Stereo pairing unavailable
You need to have 2 compatible products set up to create a stereo pair.
any suggestions to solve this?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 25 February 2020, 23:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

If you mean you purchased one each of the products below (regardless of color) then they will not create a stereo pair. They are different models. Click the link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1066?language=en_US

You could ‘group’ them, but as in a stereo pair, you’d need two of the same model in order to set them up as surrounds.

Note that when ‘grouping’ with a Sonos sound bar, there is a slight delay between the two rooms.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Sonos doesn’t allow “stereo pairing” two different speakers because they might sound different and you don’t want that for a stereo pair, normally. 

However, I don’t think this is a strict enforcement, and if I recall correctly, either Macronos for Android, or SonoSequenzr for iOS did provide the option to pair Sonos One and a Play:1 previously, and that worked. Maybe those app would allow you to pair the SYMFONISK speakers as well? I can see why that be a nice thing to do if you want surrounds that should “blend in” with your room, with the compromise of a slightly weird surround experience. 

Do note that this is most definitely unsupported and even if it does work now, it might stop working at any moment :). However, seems like it would be a stupid thing to block if people are using it, would never affect anyone who hasn’t deliberately tried to circumvent this limitation. 

Badge

Hi

If you mean you purchased one each of the products below (regardless of color) then they will not create a stereo pair. They are different models. Click the link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1066?language=en_US

Hmmmm interesting, even though they are both part of Symfonisk range!
so in order to create a pair, two lamps or Bookshelves models are required (not very practical in my case)
One last question: in the case of home-theater configuration with sonos beam, is it possible to make them work all together (Symfonisk Lamp ← Sonos beam → Symfonisk Bookshelf)?