Answered

Outdoor TV Wiring Setup - Sonos Integration

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, 

I think what I’ll try is something like this:

https://atlona.com/pdf/manuals/AT-HDR-EX-100CEA-KIT_G.pdf

This will skip the built in HDBaseT which seems useless on Samsung’s part by not having a transmitter at least recommended.

I believe that the optical port splits out the return ARC sound from Ethernet cable from the TV. Then with the optical to HDMI you mentioned maybe it will work. Hopefully I don’t need to buy a receiver but optical will support that too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jonasmith 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I think by far the easiest solution (as you’ve already cabled for it) is to make use of HDBase-T - just be sure that the device you get supports ARC - HDBase-T version 2 supports bidirectional ARC (1 does not) and version 3 supports eARC  - although the Amp does not support this, you may want to future-proof somewhat. Therefore, you need HDBase-T v2 at least. You will also want to double-check that the TV also supports ARC over it’s inbuilt HDBase-T connector (if it’s HDBase-T v2, it should).

I presume (though you should really make doubly sure of this) that you can connect your sources and the Sonos Amp to this device. The picture and audio would go via ethernet to the TV, and the TV would return it’s ARC feed for the Amp. With the example devices I saw, you’d also need the Sonos Optical Audio Adapter to connect the Amp to S/PDIF, though this will depend on the device.

I highly recommend verifying all of this either with the device’s manufacturers’ technical support or their community forums before purchasing.