On The Verge Of Dumping All SONOS Product If I Can't Get Connection Issues Solved

• 22 October 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Question, did you try unplugging all products, then adding one, playing and test, then add another, play and test, then another, and on and on until you recreated the problem? So many ways to isolate the issues doing this. As soon as you start getting the problem back, then start unplugging the first unit you plugged in, then the second, listen for issues. You may be able to isolate the unit or two units not meshing well. Usually you can troubleshoot the problem unit/area this pretty quickly.

Borrow a friend's android device and connect to the sonos wifi directly using sonosnet. (settings advanced, enable sonosnet wifi - or something like that) Apple products do not work as well for troubleshooting issues with sonos (and in rest of life!)
CBello305, in answer to your question, yes, the people who are on the Twitter and Facebook areas have the same access to your diagnostics, as they are Sonos employees.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As said, they are staffed by Sonos tech that have access, probably about the same as the forum and e-mail support folks, but I don't have any inside info.

The only real different method from what I have seen are the phone lines, folks get redirected from here to there for a lot of issues, replacements, real-time diagnostics, assistance in music library setup, odd moises and likely other stuff I don't recall.

When I have a problem the phones are my go-to method, hold times can be bad but sometimes you can get a call-back offer that is worth taking.
Badge
Thank you for the detailed response. Yet to call SONOS with this, but alas, seems like the last resort.

Router could certainly be quirky and the problem. Currently renting the Arris router provided by Cox (out of sheer laziness at the time they set things up here), so maybe it's worth investing in a new one.

No WiFi repeater. Did purchase an EERO system to help with some dead zones in the house—but have since disconnected that in effort to just run SONOS proper and to see if that was the issue. Thus far, things remained just as bad without EERO.

Yes, at this point my SONOS Boost is the only unit hooked to the router. I had originally tried to run one of my speakers through my Cat5 set up (in the master bedroom), but it didn't take. Have the ability to plug at least 4-5 speakers into a Cat5 port based on where the speakers are set up in my home, but couldn't figure out how to make that work and went the Boost route.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would stick with just the boost hooked to router. Keep it a few feet from router and keep the channel for sonosnet 5 channels away from your home wifi channel.

According to compatibility page Arris has had some broadcast storm type issues if more than 1 sonos unit hooked to router. So definitely be sure the boost is only Sonos item hooked to router. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/41?language=en_US

Is there the ability with Cox to use the EERO as your main router instead of the Arris?