Question

Maximum number of Sonos devices in one system

• 16 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Dear friends!

I am working on new Multiroom Audio Project. We have a 4 floor house. Total number of Sonos devices have to be 50+. I know that maximum number of Sonos devices in one system is 32 units.

What is a best way to divide system?

Do somebody did same systems?

Need advice from practice. =)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I think the answer is going to depend on your layout, what rooms you’re likely going to want to play together and which ones are unlikely.  For example your main living areas, master bedroom and bath should be in the same system.  I’d include outdoors.  Guest bedrooms, maybe workout room, office, things like that could go in a second separate system.

Also worth noting that if you’re doing in ceiling Sonance speakers (or other passive speakers), those do not count in the total to 32.  Only the amp would count.  So if  you have a large room with multiple speakers, or an outdoor environment, you can use 1 amp with 2 pair of speakers.  A very large room could use a Port, 3rd party amp, and whatever speakers that drives..counting as 1.