Question

Changing IP Addresses with a BOOST...

• 21 January 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Why are you writing xx instead of a specific number in the third element? Does this vary?

No, the third element does not vary. I am writing XX just for privacy reasons.
There is no issue with privacy but thanks for clarifying.

Some routers require reserved addresses to be outside the permitted DHCP range. Others require it to be within. In the past I have just reserved the ones that DHCP had previously assigned. Have you tried that?
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
No that is not correct. The Boost is not a router and does not allocate IP addresses. I don't know why you are having this problem as many Sonos users have used reserved IP addresses when in Boost mode, myself included.

This is disturbing as my setup wont change the IP Address.

That said, any ideas or suggestions as to how best to proceed?

TIA
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Why are you writing xx instead of a specific number in the third element? Does this vary?

No, the third element does not vary. I am writing XX just for privacy reasons.
No that is not correct. The Boost is not a router and does not allocate IP addresses. I don't know why you are having this problem as many Sonos users have used reserved IP addresses when in Boost mode, myself included.