Answered

Audio Cutout - but only when sourcing from playbase or playbar

• 17 February 2018
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Update5:

Regressing back to only the PlayBar and PlayBase - I was able to make it through over 5 minutes without any noticeable audio cut outs.

Diagnostic (success): 8512149

Plan: I'll keep the connect:Amp out of the mix and add just the same Play:3 as earlier back in and see what happens.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Update4:
With the Play:3 unplugged, the system did not roll back to perfect - however the frequency of the cut-outs appears to have diminished from every 5 or so seconds to maybe every 45 sec or minute...

Diagnostic (fail): 8511977
This Diagnostic should align with Update2 diagnostic above where the sound (allegedly) did not cut out.

Possibly I was not patient enough to notice actual skipping previously during update2 above.

Plan: I'll drop the connect:amp out of the set up, wait 5 minutes and then see if it can go a full 5 minutes with no cutout.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Update3:

That broke it - I didn't even have to group it, simply bringing the Play:3 online resulted in audio cutting out on the grouped speakers.

playbase(wired) + playbar(wired) + connect:amp(wired) + play:3(wired) = audio cut outs - did not even have to add play:3 to group.

Diagnostic (fail): 8511869

Plan: I'll unplug just the play:3 and see if it gets back to good.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Update2:
So far so good, I added the connect:Amp to the mix.
If anyone's following: playbase is sharing audio from direcTv - olympics; playbar is sharing audio from smartTv Netflix app - guardians of galaxy 2.

playbase(wired) + playbar(wired) + connect:amp(wired) = no audio cutouts when grouped to either playbase or playbar.

Diagnostic (success): 8511789

On Deck: Adding in a Play:3 (wired)...
Userlevel 1
Badge
Update:
I unplugged everything except for 1 playbar and 1 playbase.
I grouped playbar to playbase - no audio cutouts.
I grouped playbase to playbar - no audio cutouts.

Diagnostic (success): 8511677

Plan: I'll add in the connect:amp and see what happens, run diagnostic, post here.
Repeat with one more speaker until audio cuts out, then see if it's a quantity of sonos issue or a specific speakerset that's to blame.

K
I have the same issue with TV sound and just posted a message. Two surrounds and any grouped speakers cut out but Playbase works fine. I am pretty sure it is since the latest app/firmware update. Never had issues before.
Hopefully a solution will be forthcoming.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Are others able to replicate this issue when grouping other speakers with a playbase/bar tv source audio or is it just me?

I think I may try unplugging them all and see if maybe if all I have is a playbar and a play3 online - will it work, then if that works, bring one more online, etc... I just joined the beta program - maybe there's hope inside that...